Vince McMahon may actually be done this time [Trigger warning: Sexual Assault]

JNLister

8 minutes ago, Nick James said:

What I am saying, to be clear here, is that this should be the trigger point for a wider discussion about how Corporate America (probably not just in America) treats women. These old fucks in positions of power, need holding to account, but they never are. They payout a few million then go about their day.

Probably for another thread, but it goes far beyond that. You have a culture that is willing to destroy the climate and planet so those on top get richer. In many cases, willing to utilise what amounts to slave labour in poorer countries to keep their costs down. They underpay their own employees, and oppose workers’ rights. They can be making huge profits, but still see the need to fire employees to make even bigger profits. 

It’s not just one element of the system that needs to be discussed, it’s the system itself; and the evils it can lead to. 

Plus Vince has got to be the richest Carny in history, right?

A lot of us probably wouldn’t have seen or cared about American pro wrestling had he not had the ambition to market the WWF internationally. And therefore we wouldn’t be on a message forum talking about wrestling. Kind of makes this whole thing seem worse in a way. Like a lot of us only care about pro wrestling because of him. And look what he’s been up to. We’re all a bunch of mizarks!

Edited by LCJ

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I do wonder what would happen if it transpired that the UFC/WWE Superstar in question was Brock Lesnar, as is being speculated.

Former UFC Champion is the phrase used my friend so that narrows the potential men down to a pool of one.

Sad thing about reading through social media is so many are quick to post memes or make jokes or whatever. Like I don't think they can actually cope with real world news. Happens all the time.

That and bullshit tribalism with the TK/Jericho stuff being brought up too. Like it's a competition.

Who gives a fuck who it is and where it is. It's all horrendous and it all needs to be looked at and stopped.

42 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Former UFC Champion is the phrase used my friend so that narrows the potential men down to a pool of one.

Bah Gawd, its Cain...

It's not. They didn't want to re-sign him I don't think.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

Well, we’re never getting the release of that secret memoir now. Unless it’s going to be re-titled “Vince McMahon : The Lives I’ve Ruined.”

I was really looking forward to the ending, something akin to “Since I’d achieved all of my goals as chairman in four decades, there was no need for a fifth.”

season 7 episode 13 GIF

But yes, horrific stuff. One wonders who else was complicit throughout the years this kind of thing was happening.

I do think its only when he's gone (need dead) that the sheer extent of his doings will come to light.

This is a man who wanted to do an incest angle with his daughter and then when that was refused, get his kids to do it......and was when brazen enough to actually include it in their dvd!!!!

You only have to look at things like:

Necrophilia angle

The whole Trish stratus affair and "bark like a dog angle"

Kiss my ass club

Etc

The whole Mr McMahon persona probably isn't a gimmic at all.

As Ian said, God knows what he was like in the 80s (a debauched era anyway) when he was printing money!!!

Riding massive success, still young, coked up,  juiced up  and in a 'then' enclosed industy where no-one spilled the beans due to kayfabe....he was probably some Caligula'esque mega deviant able to do exactly what he wanted!!!

You just know Hogan and Vince tag-teamed together!!!

8 hours ago, Nick James said:

Fuck, it wasn't long ago that the fucking PRESIDENT was one of those men. I'm surprised McMahons name isn't on Epstein's list (that we know of).

Plus, the fact that the only person in prison for all the Epstein shit is a woman kind of tells us all we need to know about rich, powerful white men. 

This promo from Stephanie McMahon in 2003 is being shared quite a lot on Twitter; it was disturbing anyway, but in the current context it’s even more horrible. At even the most generous reading of it, it’s a clear acknowledgment that even McMahon recognises this kind of behaviour is beyond abhorrent. 

Even removed from this case and separate allegations, there is enough evidence in plain sight to paint a picture of McMahon that should remove him from public life permanently. He booked himself in so many disturbing, sexual angles - making out with and intimately touching much younger women who were not in a position to voice any discomfort they may have had. Angles like this were so frequent, it’s sickening. It would be completely legitimate for a journalist to question - based on these angles alone - if this was a man taking advantage of his position to live out his sexual fantasies on television; abusing women who would, in real life, have had no interest in him. And even if he mounted a convincing defence to refute this, there’s surely no argument against the prospect of the women involved leaving work that day feeling completely violated. 

• Paid Members

I don't know how I feel about people using things Vince has done on TV as "evidence" that he's a monster - there's more than enough stories about him behind-the-scenes without reaching for that, and while some of what he's done on camera obviously leans into him being a horrific person, I'm both uncomfortable with something that happens in-character being held up as proof of what a performer is really like (not just specifically in Vince's case, I hasten to add), and because reducing this to things the TV character of Vince McMahon has done distracts from the fact that he was able to do this because he had an unprecedented amount of power and control that made him untouchable and well-protected within a corporate structure,  which is so much bigger than him being a wrestling wrong'un. 

I'm sure he got up to all sorts in the 80s and 90s, but the sheer extent of what he was able to seemingly get away with here is because of the degree of power and control he had available to him.

Call me bitter and cynical, which I am, but Vince has survived the steroids trial, Benoit, Guerrero, the Sable lawsuit, Ashley Massaro, steroids again, Rita Chatterton, the first sexual harassment lawsuit and dozens of other things. The sad fact is he's a rich old white dude with a shockingly good legal team. If that other stuff didn't get him, this sure as hell won't. 

• Paid Members
45 minutes ago, JakeRobertsParoleOfficer said:

The whole Mr McMahon persona probably isn't a gimmic at all.

We already knew that. JR, Prichard and others close to the inner circle have shared for many years that just as the wrestlers achieve their peak character by simply being themselves dialled up to 11, Vince's character was himself. Except dialled down to about a 6.

Vince sexualised his own daughter on TV. Forget the aborted incest angle and just look at what did air. On top of what's been shared above, the history of her character is upsetting in hindsight. The insinuation of Hunter raping her while she was rohypnotized for their Vegas wedding and subsequent Stockholm Syndrome. Allowing her boob job to become a focus of ridicule for babyface Y2J. Allowing Eric Bischoff to be seen to force himself upon her while they were duelling GMs. Camera angles designed to suggest we the viewer should lust after her, a processing of wrestlers portraying themselves to find her irresistible including John Cena. I'm only into 2003 as I write and already I want to stop. It's weird to say the very least.

3 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

I'm both uncomfortable with something that happens in-character being held up as proof of what a performer is really like (not just specifically in Vince's case, I hasten to add), and because reducing this to things the TV character of Vince McMahon has done distracts from the fact that he was able to do this because he had an unprecedented amount of power and control that made him untouchable and well-protected within a corporate structure,  which is so much bigger than him being a wrestling wrong'un.

It's not so much the in-character behaviour that's disturbing about what happened on TV for me, but the levels of what he insisted on happening in the stories, seemingly to entertain himself ("That's good shit, pal!") when most people would be repelled. And why he'd want Stephanie cast in such light.

56 minutes ago, JakeRobertsParoleOfficer said:

You just know Hogan and Vince tag-teamed together!!!

To the best of my knowledge, never. Notwithstanding their feud in 2003, the Hulkster would never team with Vince given the subsequent battles Vince had with Hogan's favourite partner, God.