Vince McMahon may actually be done this time [Trigger warning: Sexual Assault]

JNLister

I'd be very surprised if there was any more coverage of this story than has already happened.  Whenever wrestling industry issues get mainstream press coverage, generally the reaction is "it's wrestling".  Everyone outside the wrestling bubble assumes it's a seedy, carny, low-rent industry full of dubious individuals and so there's no surprise factor.

The steroid scandal was as close as Vince/WWF ever came to really being exposed and they survived that.  Major stories like Ashley Massaro have come and gone in recent years without a trace.

I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not expecting anything from this.  Ultimately she's suing because he didn't pay the full hush money and so has broken their contract.  It's not a proper, criminal case where things are going to get forced into the light, money will change hands and the press will move on.

Look, Donald Trump was found by a court of law to have raped E Jean Carroll and it's not even stopped him defaming her, let alone dented his political career.  This is America.

• Paid Members
Just now, TheScarlettChad said:

If you're geniunely asking, yeah I do tbh. 

Great, I'm assuming you have alternative employment strategies for their many employees and the numerous service providers and small business that work with them across the world, then.

1 minute ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Great, I'm assuming you have alternative employment strategies for their many employees and the numerous service providers and small business that work with them across the world, then.

Cool, I'm not saying its gonna happen, I just have morals and I think they should die. Get that?

• Paid Members

Cool, I'm not saying its gonna happen, I just have morals and I think they should die. Get that?

Those morals don't stretch to putting many people out of work though, do they.

Must be a weird world you live holding such a hard-line standard of morals and consequence that the only music you must be allowed to listen to morally is Daniel O'Donnell. 

Just now, Chili said:

Must be a weird world you live holding such a hard-line standard of morals and consequence that the only music you must be allowed to listen to morally is Daniel O'Donnell. 

God, I hope Danny isn't a sex pest, Won't be able to listen to his beautiful voice anymore, if he is.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, TheScarlettChad said:

If most of the company are sex pests, Uh yeah it does.

Are you suggesting that most of the 900 direct employees of WWE are sex pests?