Vince McMahon may actually be done this time [Trigger warning: Sexual Assault]

JNLister

6 minutes ago, TheScarlettChad said:

If most of the company are sex pests, Uh yeah it does.

'Most?'

Of course the WWE shouldn't die, but a proper investigation should take place and anyone who abused others, or facilitated abuse, should be sacked. Even if that means big names have to go away.

9 minutes ago, Chili said:

Must be a weird world you live holding such a hard-line standard of morals and consequence that the only music you must be allowed to listen to morally is Daniel O'Donnell. 

It ain’t that bad. 

5 minutes ago, TheScarlettChad said:

Cool, I'm not saying its gonna happen, I just have morals and I think they should die. Get that?

Do you think the BBC should die because of Savile? I get having an emotional reaction - the allegations are horrific. And sadly, they are not the only ones that exist. Then you have the fact the ties Vince McMahon has to the company are pretty tightly bound. However, Vince McMahon is not the company; and very soon he may not even be part of the company. WWE consists of hundreds of people, the vast majority of which will be disgusted and deeply upset by this. They don’t deserve to be punished for one man’s actions. 

I didn’t feel any sympathy when News Of The World went bust, nor will I when the sun or gb News does. Yeah it’s shit for the secondary staff but in the whole I’m glad it went. So I can see why someone would be ok with WWE being no more. 

EDIT. @TheBurningRed, he did specify a company within the industry and not the whole industry itself. 

Edited by Keith Houchen

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

EDIT. @TheBurningRed, he did specify a company within the industry and not the whole industry itself. 

True. But the buck doesn’t stop with WWE does it? As you often point out. It’s been happening in other companies, even ones that don’t exist anymore. So if in their opinion WWE should die, then the whole industry should start shutting down. 

Just now, TheBurningRed said:

But the buck doesn’t stop with WWE does it

For things that happened in WWE, yes. There’s an argument to be made about its influence on the industry leading to how shit it is, but in this case, it’s a WWE issue. 

• Paid Members

I must confess when I first read some of the detail my first thought was "burn it all down and sow salt on the ashes" but obviously everyone else losing their jobs is completely unwarranted and actually gives the old goat more power, and probably fits his "WWE is me" narrative

In conclusion I hope they don't close the company, but change it's name to WCW, put Eric Bischoff in charge and just lie about the past 25 years and pretend they won the Monday night wars. That's the worst we can do to him.

Edited by Duke

For what its worth, My mrs LOATHES WWE, Mainly for how they used to treat the women. And she thinks Vince is the most disgusting pervert to ever walk the Earth, And she thinks WWE should die too, So I mean, People feel strongly about it.

Just now, Devon Malcolm said:

I'm so sorry for starting this discussion off, everyone. I'll take the L, as the kids say, and for giving TommyGirl the floor.

At least it hasn’t ventured into how many views the topic has had and what spiked the new views. 

43 minutes ago, TheScarlettChad said:

Yeah fair enough gents, you make a good point. Just feels like the company is rotten. 

It’s definitely difficult. In spite of what I said, I feel very much as I did when Benoit murdered his family, and when the Ashley Massaro allegations emerged. I’d been watching WWE pretty avidly recently, but I don’t feel like watching Smackdown tonight, and I doubt I’ll watch the Rumble either, even though it’s typically my favourite PPV of the year. I totally understand your response, and I don’t think you’re wrong to have the reaction that you’ve had.

2 minutes ago, Dai said:

Not to detract from how disgusting/disgraceful all of this is, but naming the dildo's after wrestlers seems really bizarre too. Wonder what was going on there.

Wouldn't shock me if Vince was bi and this is some weird fantasy thing. He defo called one Ahmed Johnson.