Gladiators

Daaaaaad!

Just now, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Twice a week Keet, it's a really good listen and you get to find out all sorts about how TV and films are made and entertainment in general. Osman knows more about TV than you do about driving a joke into the ground, and whilst Hyde may be scum I watch wrestling so I'm hardened against it. 

Meh, I prefer something a bit more radical, like James O’Brien and Mitch Benn, while Eddie Marsan provides the different courses and Rory Stewart brings the wine. 

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Twice a week Keet, it's a really good listen and you get to find out all sorts about how TV and films are made and entertainment in general. Osman knows more about TV than you do about driving a joke into the ground, and whilst Hyde may be scum I watch wrestling so I'm hardened against it. 

I worked with Ossy about 18 years ago when he was an executive and not an on screen personality. His wealth of general knowledge and TV was insane. Nice guy, very tall (assume a fork would look small in his hands as well)

2 minutes ago, Loki said:

I don't like Osman.  Something off about him.  When he gets Yewtreed, I told you so.

He once made one of the worst tweets of all time but even worse, when he was on Only Connect, he called the host “Vicky”. His brother is clearly the talented one of the family

(But him talking about tv shows getting produced sounds really up my street as it goes, but don’t tell anyone Kool Keith said that)

The worst thing about Osman, apart from that excruciating tweet that time, is that House Of Games (which is fantastic) is TOO FUCKING EASY!!! 

I can't watch it anymore due to the fucking idiots sitting there not knowing the simplest questions. I nearly threw the cat at Steve Mcdonald on the screen the other week, and he was one of the good ones!

• Paid Members

I’d never heard of Marina Hyde before I found her podcast with Richard Osman so I had no prior opinion of her.

I’ve become a quick fan of their podcast and think she’s great on it. Between them they have a huge depth of knowledge about how TV works and that fascinates me, so I’ll keep listening.

I also like Richard Osman for what it’s worth, but then I hardly go on Twitter so what do I know.

2 hours ago, Scratch said:

I’d never heard of Marina Hyde before I found her podcast with Richard Osman so I had no prior opinion of her.

I’ve become a quick fan of their podcast and think she’s great on it. Between them they have a huge depth of knowledge about how TV works and that fascinates me, so I’ll keep listening.

I also like Richard Osman for what it’s worth, but then I hardly go on Twitter so what do I know.

I’d never heard of her before either so I don’t know what she’s done for people to hate her so much. 

They both seem to know their stuff which makes for a really interesting listen. 

• Paid Members
40 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

I’d never heard of her before either so I don’t know what she’s done for people to hate her so much. 

She helped prepare and proof read Piers Morgan's The Insider: The Private Diaries of a Scandalous Decade, in the acknowledgments of which she is described as Morgan's "best friend".

That's from her Wiki Wordy Lee. May have something to do with it perchance. 

4 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

She helped prepare and proof read Piers Morgan's The Insider: The Private Diaries of a Scandalous Decade, in the acknowledgments of which she is described as Morgan's "best friend".

That's from her Wiki Wordy Lee. May have something to do with it perchance. 

He's a cunt but that's a proper great book. His Partridge-esq bobbing around like an idiot is brilliant.