Gladiators

Daaaaaad!

• Paid Members

I didn't want either of the blokes to win tonight. I'm just waiting for Wes Vs Chung next time. That could be a cracking contest.

Hopefully we get new presenters next series, a few new Gladiators would be good, or some being in better fitness.

I wish they'd get hold of the proper music for the games as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Fuck Wes - Undeserving and doesn't belong in the final. Should never have been used as a replacement contestant in the first place.

Fuck Mark Clattenburg - some absolutely shocking calls from him in this semi.

Fuck the Gauntlet - shittest game by far. Every contestant pisses it each time.

That womens Eliminator was brilliant though.

The substitution situation is getting really silly now. Is the health and safety stuff too on the ball these days for a show like this to work as a tournament?  In series 2 of the original show Deane had a huge cut right between his eyes, they just stuck a plaster over it and he carried on.

• Awards Moderator
Posted (edited)
On 3/10/2024 at 10:33 PM, Jazzy G said:

I didn't want either of the blokes to win tonight. I'm just waiting for Wes Vs Chung next time. That could be a cracking contest.

It should have been Chung destroying the competition and walking straight into the final. That’s what I wanted to see tonight. I know injuries can’t be avoided but we shouldn’t have an Eliminator in the semi final where I don’t care if either of them wins. 

Edited by HarmonicGenerator
“One” became “of”, if you absolutely must know

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, TibBo said:

The substitution situation is getting really silly now. Is the health and safety stuff too on the ball these days for a show like this to work as a tournament?  In series 2 of the original show Deane had a huge cut right between his eyes, they just stuck a plaster over it and he carried on.

It's probably the schedule exacerbating thngs. I think it was taped over the space of a week or 10 days? They'll have probably taken a few months to film the originals, giving contenders and gladiators a decent bit of time to recover from any knocks they might have received. 

It does feel a bit daft that they've had to keep rolling out replacements. I've managed to have part of the final spoiled for me, and there may be some unhappy reactions. 

I had wondered why Fury wasn't in The Edge, but saw she was on Powerball instead. 

Barney isn't too bad, I think if he had somebody else to present alongside it might not be as bad. It's Bradley with those awful jokes. 

She was so unlucky in that Eliminator. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Jazzy G said:

It's probably the schedule exacerbating thngs. I think it was taped over the space of a week or 10 days? They'll have probably taken a few months to film the originals, giving contenders and gladiators a decent bit of time to recover from any knocks they might have received. 

In the old series it was shot over one month a series. I think this was over two weeks but could be wrong about that.

Having one semifinal decided between two replacements was really underwhelming.  The girls' semi was really good though.  Did they show these out of order?  Because Sabre was injured in the last semi but was back for this one.

1 hour ago, Jazzy G said:

Barney isn't too bad, I think if he had somebody else to present alongside it might not be as bad. It's Bradley with those awful jokes. 

The jokes are holiday camp fun, though, that works for me.  Barney is getting better but he's far too stiff and awkward still.

8 minutes ago, Loki said:

Did they show these out of order?  Because Sabre was injured in the last semi but was back for this one.

The two semis were the only ones filmed together in one day (so they did both episodes worth of each event in one go), so at least those two Sabre Edge's would have been swapped over.

A couple of earlier shows have been shown out of filming order though.

• Paid Members

The replacements thing is annoying, but I like Wrestler Wes and I'd like to remind everyone considering rooting against him in the final next week that he's at least won every episode he's competed in, unlike the bloke he's meeting in the final, who lost his quarter.

To Wes.

Having wussed out of the actual Gladiators bit of Gladiators and tried to rely on the fact that he's effectively a professional assault course completer. 

(The fact who wins Gladiators comes down to an assault course that doesn't even involve any Gladiators has annoyed me since I was a kid). 

24 minutes ago, Statto said:

The replacements thing is annoying, but I like Wrestler Wes and I'd like to remind everyone considering rooting against him in the final next week that he's at least won every episode he's competed in, unlike the bloke he's meeting in the final, who lost his quarter.

To Wes.

Having wussed out of the actual Gladiators bit of Gladiators and tried to rely on the fact that he's effectively a professional assault course completer. 

(The fact who wins Gladiators comes down to an assault course that doesn't even involve any Gladiators has annoyed me since I was a kid). 

Agreed. If the Eliminator has to be an assault course though, I wish they’d modify it in some way in each round rather than being exactly the same throughout the series. If you know you can ace the Eliminator, you just have to keep the score close through the games rather than going all out

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members
21 hours ago, s279 said:

A couple of earlier shows have been shown out of filming order though.

Yeah. I went to the first day’s taping, but that ended up going out as episode 2.

Pretty sure the whole series was filmed back to back days from what I remember when applying for tickets, and how long the arena was booked out for. 

19 hours ago, Your Fight Site said:

Pretty sure the whole series was filmed back to back days from what I remember when applying for tickets, and how long the arena was booked out for. 

Yeah they had one day off early on in the run but otherwise it was every day. 11 shows in 11 days with just the semis filmed together.