Gladiators

Daaaaaad!

• Paid Members

I wonder whether they'll keep Chung and Wes apart as it'd make for a cracking final.

The hometown hero was such a knob he managed to get the crowd to turn on him.

Bionic needs more time as he seems pretty good whenever he gets to do an event.

Did it used to mean you were out if you got pushed over the side in Gauntlet? There used to be 5 zones as well.

Fury is bae, and you can see Legend is having a great time.

Marie-Louise is a bit cocky as well. I reckon it might be her and Bronte in the final, although that Betti lass from Bolton was pretty good in her Eliminator, so maybe it'll be her.

8 hours ago, Jazzy G said:

Fury is bae, and you can see Legend is having a great time.

My wife said the same about Legend, and as much as I hate the heel shtick stuff I think I'd agree now. He just seems to be having a laugh.

He's got a cheeky chappy Instagram page, too, where he just seems to be quite laid back and funny.

Legend is definitely an act and he's doing it well.

Did like the Glads having a bit more of a 'this is our house' type mentality. Apollo and Sabre seemed better with a bit more of an edge to them. Plus Sabre ripping Legend in the locker room was great 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Given the success, surely they extend the series by a couple of weeks next time and do a proper tournament without this fastest loser stuff. 

You obviously can't legislate for injury, but 3 of tonight's 4 semi-finalists having lost their 1/4 is silly.

Especially when it meant we had to see bloody Jake & Soldier Boy again, with one guaranteed to make the final. Despite losing. 

They also need to make their minds up on who replaces injured participants. Wes managed to stroll straight into the quarters after not even doing the heats, but this time they got that absolute fanny Jake to take a place due to being fastest finisher.

The contenders are all far too pally. It’s supposed to be a competition, you’re not mates.

Who do we reckon is getting dropped from the Gladiators in Series 2? Comet from the womens side surely, I think she’s only been on once.
As for the men, Viper’s heat has totally gone, he’s rubbish. Legend, who is a massive bellend, has totally eclipsed him

Edited by WyattSheepMask

The weird thing is none of the gladiators are particularly good at any of the games, and some of them look just as nervous as the competitors.  Definitely feels like they are a bit undertrained in the events.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

The contenders are all far too pally. It’s supposed to be a competition, you’re not mates.

Who do we reckon is getting dropped from the Gladiators in Series 2? Comet from the womens side surely, I think she’s only been on once.
As for the men, Viper’s heat has totally gone, he’s rubbish. Legend, who is a massive bellend, has totally eclipsed him

Think that’s more due to picking up an injury fairly quickly rather than, “You’re shit, you’re not over, you’re not on the card tonight, love.”

• Paid Members

Comet shattered one of her legs and had surgery recently.

Sabre was a clear favourite when this started, but she’s become a bit of a nob quite quickly. I absolutely hated Legend when the new series started but he’s found his groove even if he’s not very good at the events.

As said, none of them are all that good except Nitro who seems to be able to sprint up the wall which is always impressive to see.

Compare Bionic doing that lame robot-like arm thing before grabbing his cotton bud to a fully coked up Shadow and its night and day.

I’d also re-design their costumes, they’re too dark and the gladiators just don’t stand out.

Still loving it though, me and Mrs Scratch sit there glued to it each week.

35 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Barney is the only thing I'd change but I doubt that'll happen.

A few different games would be nice.

Bin Gauntlet as it seems like any time the Glads do anything other than a 'love tap' they are chucked out or contender is allowed into the next zone

3 hours ago, Scratch said:

Sabre was a clear favourite when this started, but she’s become a bit of a nob quite quickly.

I think that's deliberate, they've tried to make her the female "bad guy" as that was something lacking at the start.  She's insanely hot though so I'm not sure it works.

Generally the whole series has found its feet as it's gone along, with Gladiators establishing better characters and starting to go after the contestants a bit more. I agree all the pally hugging after events undermines the sense of competition.

14 hours ago, Statto said:

3 of tonight's 4 semi-finalists having lost their 1/4 is silly.

Is that right?  They explained Dev being out but didn't explain the other 2 afaik.  The whole competition side has been mystifying, they've never even shown a brackets system or anything so how we're meant to know what's going on...

They need to realise that the Gladiators are the stars not the competitors.  When Sable, I mean Sabre got injured they just moved past it without any follow up.  She's one of the most popular people on the show, you have to explain what happened and interview her or something!

• Paid Members

The one thing they really need to change, is to check that every fucker knows how to tie their shoelaces properly.

Other than that, Gauntlet is clearly not enough of a challenge. I'm sure they just need to narrow the track to make it harder.

Viper has been a failure, the deliberate acts of cheating are unnecessary and hurt the integrity of the competition for the contestants. Above all though, he seems to be crap at every single event and doesn't have the charisma to carry the character. He's very much 'Wolf from Wish'. They only really need one bad guy character and Legend is head and shoulders above Viper, in every sense.