Croaking it 2024

Gus Mears

• Paid Members

Came into post about Dave Myers but seen it has just had a post. 

He seemed to be doing as well as he could with the current TV series so its come as a shock, obviously theres time between filming and transmission but he didn't look unwell I guess. Just kinda glad he got to do one final thing with him and Simon for both of them really. 

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, theironshake said:

I lost three stone using there diet books. Such a shame. 

I gained three stone using their other books so ying and yang and all that. 

I can only echo the sentiments already expressed. Seemed like a lovely fella, his story about getting locked in a bank at Christmas is one of my favourite non Bob Mortimer WILTY stories. 

Really quite upset at hearing Dave Myers has died. They were both so likeable and easy to watch and genuinely felt like good blokes that wanted to share their love of food. Dave's recipes he'd clearly pinched off his wife were always favourites to make in our house and his legacy for me will always be introducing uzbek plov to our family. What a sad loss.

A very sad loss, he seemed like such a lovely bloke. His enthusiasm was contagious and he and Simon were such a wonderful duo and had a such a great dynamic, genuinely seemed like the best of friends. He will be very missed

He was also a very skilled prosthetic and make up artist as well. You couldn’t dislike the pair of them, could you? A really lovely bloke loving what he did. A big loss to comfort viewing, his warmth will be missed hugely. 

This is just so sad. There's nothing better than kicking back with a few back to back episodes of the Hairy Bikers.

Sausages, polenta & smoked paprika is my favourite of theirs.

The air of chaos everytime they were on Saturday Kitchen was such fun.

It's obviously too early to think of these things but I hope it's not the last we see of Si King on the telly.

• Paid Members

Hairy Bikers is our go to for lazy Sunday morning tv and theres probably half a dozen recipes that are 'go tos' for me, especially from their Asia TV series. 

It's very rare that someone who tries to come across as a down to earth, every man, doesn't get found out to be a total twat in real life (James Martin syndrome) but by all accounts he was a lovely fella and I think it really did shine through in the programmes. 

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Never change mate.

@Keith Houchen is the forum's Christian Cage - with jokes instead of dads. Mind you, with all the dad posters gone, that works even better.