Croaking it 2024

Gus Mears

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, gmoney said:

John Savident definitely one for "I thought they were dead already" file.

My dad nearly ran him over many years ago when he walked into the street without looking. My dad also nearly ran over Noel Edmunds, who was arguing with his current girlfriend and not looking where he was going. If I remember any other celebs my dad nearly killed in his car, I'll post them here. 

My grandfather in law nearly ran over Greg Proops, and Jared Leto (not simultaneously).

3 minutes ago, Daddymagic said:

Anyone else remember him being attacked in the 90s in Newcastle? 

Savident said he was giving him acting lessons in his hotel. Everyone else said he got beat up by a rent boy. 

Think he has his throat slashed too from what I remember 

Absolutely no recollection of that whatsoever but.. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-150892/Man-jailed-stabbing-Street-star-Savident.html - who knew?

• Paid Members
Just now, DavidB6937 said:

Absolutely no recollection of that whatsoever but.. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-150892/Man-jailed-stabbing-Street-star-Savident.html - who knew?

Everyone knew not to click on Daily Mail links Davey Numbers. I thought it was common knowledge. 

Just now, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Everyone knew not to click on Daily Mail links Davey Numbers. I thought it was common knowledge. 

I know I know. I feel dirty. Even worse I found it via an old message board for petrolheads where they were discussing meeting Savident in a lift in New York, where they said "IT'S FRED!" and just got an evil glare from him. Google is a strange thing.

• Paid Members
34 minutes ago, gmoney said:

John Savident definitely one for "I thought they were dead already" file.

My dad nearly ran him over many years ago when he walked into the street without looking. My dad also nearly ran over Noel Edmunds, who was arguing with his current girlfriend and not looking where he was going. If I remember any other celebs my dad nearly killed in his car, I'll post them here. 

My dads mate nearly ran over Charles Hawtrey in the mid eighties when he stumbled in the road pissed. 

• Paid Members

The nightclub I used to work at went through a stage where they'd bring in soap stars as an attraction. A lot of them took themselves very seriously and were utterly humourless (cough.... Koss Remp ..... cough), but Savidant was an absolute star. 

Considering that he's naturally quite softly spoken, he had no reservations about putting on the Fred Elliot voice and announcing "I say, I'm not a fat bastard, I'm a fat cunt!", and then cosying up the naked lady painted to look like a can of red stripe.