Croaking it 2024

Gus Mears

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/breaking-starsky--hutch-star-31815617

David Soul, departed to the great hutch in the sky. 80 is a fair innings. 

I really like the version of Salem's Lot he was in the late 70s. I've since come to find out most people think it's really boring, but it scared the shit out of me as a kid. 

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, gmoney said:

I really like the version of Salem's Lot he was in the late 70s. I've since come to find out most people think it's really boring, but it scared the shit out of me as a kid. 

Scared the shit out of me as a kid as well. 

Same. I was easily scared as a kid and on Points Of View, the letters were discussing it as it had been on BBC. Baz Took said here’s a clip. My elder brother in a very rare show of compassion told me to look away as it would affect me. Sure as shit I didn’t and they showed a clip of a bloke in prison and a blue faced vampire jump scared at the end (yes I’ve seen the gif thank you very much). Absolutely traumatised me, I wouldn’t even go into a different part of the room I was in in case he was there. 

Had some decent tunes as well, did David Soul. 

3 hours ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/breaking-starsky--hutch-star-31815617

David Soul, departed to the great hutch in the sky. 80 is a fair innings. 

That's a massive part of my childhood gone.

I turned fifty in November and between Starskey and Hutch, his songs then chat show appearances he seemed to always be on.