Croaking it 2024

Gus Mears

https://news.sky.com/story/carl-weathers-actor-best-known-for-playing-apollo-creed-in-rocky-films-dies-aged-76-13062485

Carl Weathers. Great actor

Edited by Tim Healys Chutney Spoon
Chutney Spoon not as quick as Houchen

Met Carl Weathers once. One of the few guys I got genuinely nervous about meeting because he was just an absolute fucking legend. Yet he was so down to earth and as cool as you'd expect. I wish I'd been able to articulate how much I appreciated his talent but I'm sure plenty of others did. Just a super cool dude and with a great range. A big loss.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Scott Malbranque said:

Immediately thought of our Loki when I heard this. 

An absolute genetic specimen and it always makes me so happy whenever he's on my screen. 

He had the knack of radiating self-confidence, at least in everything I saw him in.

• Paid Members

My girlfriend just told me about Carl Weathers, totally gutted. And I also immediately thought of Loki. Always seemed like a lovely fella. It's a shame Action Jackson is his only big solo movie. It's fun, but it didn't serve him that well and I feel sure with the right film he'd have been mega. Still, he was fucking great in loads of stuff, so what does it matter really.