Croaking it 2024

Gus Mears

• Paid Members

That means the whole original Dad's Army cast has passed away now I think? It's a shame. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Jazzy G said:

That means the whole original Dad's Army cast has passed away now I think? It's a shame. 

Of the main cast, yes. A few supporting actors are still with us, but even then it's only two or three.

Damn. Toby Keith was far from my favourite country music star (he'd gone very MAGA in recent times), but he made some fine records in the 90s. 

He was also a huge wrestling fan and actually performer on the very first TNA show!

Cancer is a fucker. RIP. 

Here's one of my favourites of his. 

• Paid Members

yeah, he was also one of the money men behind Global Force Wrestling, and Jarrett tried to get him to buy/bankroll TNA more than once.

The MAGA thing was nothing new, sadly, he'd been a right-wing loon since the days of country music hating the Dixie Chicks for being anti-Bush and anti-war.

14 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

yeah, he was also one of the money men behind Global Force Wrestling, and Jarrett tried to get him to buy/bankroll TNA more than once.

The MAGA thing was nothing new, sadly, he'd been a right-wing loon since the days of country music hating the Dixie Chicks for being anti-Bush and anti-war.

It's strange, because he was previously an outspoken democrat IIRC. But yeah, the Iraq war and feud with the Dixie Chicks seems to have been a turning point and it was no surprise to see him go the MAGA route. 

He was a massive star, of course, and a bunch of those 90s records are well worth a listen if anyone is interested in that era of country music. 

• Paid Members

Ah that sucks. Like Mojo a lot, and you've posted my favourite song! 

Edit: what the hell, I'll add this. Maybe tonight Mojo, maybe tonight... 

Edited by Statto
Jesus.

• Paid Members

I mostly know Mojo from his collaborations with Jello Biafra - they did a fun cover of "Love Me I'm A Liberal" by Phil Ochs, which I actually knew before I ever heard the original. He was also inexplicably in the Mario Bros movie. 

• Paid Members

Fuck, that one hurts.

His stuff with Can is as good as anything ever recorded, and his never-ending improv tour was fantastic. I met him at ATP in 2007, and he was a real class act - wheelchair-bound at the time, but just super enthused to be around music and watching as much as he could.