Croaking it 2024

Gus Mears

Mr Robson from Grange Hill

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-68379238

And in the process of posting John Savident (Fred Elliott from out of Corrie) falls victim to the Chutney Spoon

https://news.sky.com/story/john-savident-actor-who-played-fred-elliott-in-coronation-street-dies-13078994

Edited by Tim Healys Chutney Spoon

• Paid Members

Great character actor, John Savident. Could switch between posh and working class, and would fit either perfectly. Superb as complacent Old-School-Tie civil servant "Jumbo" in Yes, Minister. 

Also had a brilliant and brief, bulldog-chops-wobbling moment in Hudson Hawk as the auctioneer.

RIP.

5 minutes ago, Daddymagic said:

Fred Elliott has died 

I say, Fred Elliott has died

In my last job a Manager called Ashley thought it would be hilarious to do the Huw, Puw Trumpton gag.  I have heard this a fair few times in my fifty years. Trust me on that.

As a reply I always called her 'Ah say Ashley lad" until she begged me to stop.

3 minutes ago, Hugh Thesz said:

In my last job a Manager called Ashley thought it would be hilarious to do the Huw, Puw Trumpton gag.  I have heard this a fair few times in my fifty years. Trust me on that.

As a reply I always called her 'Ah say Ashley lad" until she begged me to stop.

but none of them were called Huw, they were the Pugh twins. i hope you spat in her face every time she made the joke.

• Paid Members

John Savident definitely one for "I thought they were dead already" file.

My dad nearly ran him over many years ago when he walked into the street without looking. My dad also nearly ran over Noel Edmunds, who was arguing with his current girlfriend and not looking where he was going. If I remember any other celebs my dad nearly killed in his car, I'll post them here. 

Anyone else remember him being attacked in the 90s in Newcastle? 

Savident said he was giving him acting lessons in his hotel. Everyone else said he got beat up by a rent boy. 

Think he has his throat slashed too from what I remember 

Edited by Daddymagic