Thanks for putting that spot in my noggin @Supremo now I expect nothing less. Gimme the AEW that signposted the obvious but the journey was lush. I want Hook and Joe going through the ring. I want Taz slowly rising and taking his headset off in concern and almost crying when Hook crawls out first but he still passes out to the clutch. Glarrrghey, just book that finish, taa.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Chili said:

Thanks for putting that spot in my noggin @Supremo now I expect nothing less. Gimme the AEW that signposted the obvious but the journey was lush. I want Hook and Joe going through the ring. I want Taz slowly rising and taking his headset off in concern and almost crying when Hook crawls out first but he still passes out to the clutch. Glarrrghey, just book that finish, taa.

"He was reaching for the ropes!"

• Paid Members

Ricky Stark's eye roll when Jericho's music hit was a thing of beauty. 

They should go back to Daily's Place more often. Not so often that it doesn't feel unique when they do, but 4 times a year I think they could get away with. This was a really good show, that looked different and despite being half outside, sounded better than nearly all of their recent arena shows. 

Anyone thinking we could see a Raven/Dreamer esque win/loss ratio forming in the Hangman and Swerve feud? AEW seem to be going right back to the third match, which normally would mean Hangman is getting a win back - but Swerve is the one on a beeline for the title here. Hangman beating Swerve for the belt eventually would be the comeuppance - but that's a long way off - yet the third match is clearly coming very soon. 

It could work where Swerve is just the guy Hangman can't beat, time after time - until he eventually does and takes the title to boot. A full swerve face turn might fuck that up though. It wouldn't work nearly as well if, when the time comes, the crowd aren't almost unanimously behind Page. 

Some great parts to the show last week, with Hangman/Claudio, the Joe/Page/Swerve interaction and the HOOK SIGNAL debuting! As well as the batshit main event. 

Negatives were obviously Ric Flair, Chris Jericho and Sammy Guevara still being featured pretty heavily (and probably about to win the tag titles?) Despite continuing to be shite. 

16 minutes ago, WeeAl said:

Anyone thinking we could see a Raven/Dreamer esque win/loss ratio forming in the Hangman and Swerve feud? AEW seem to be going right back to the third match, which normally would mean Hangman is getting a win back - but Swerve is the one on a beeline for the title here. Hangman beating Swerve for the belt eventually would be the comeuppance - but that's a long way off - yet the third match is clearly coming very soon. 

It could work where Swerve is just the guy Hangman can't beat, time after time - until he eventually does and takes the title to boot. A full swerve face turn might fuck that up though. It wouldn't work nearly as well if, when the time comes, the crowd aren't almost unanimously behind Page. 

I really like the idea of this. I don't think they will turn Swerve for a while yet though.

I could see a third match being a number one contenders match to face Joe at Revolution only for it to end in a double count out or DQ or something and it becoming a triple threat at the PPV.

Pretty much the perfect use of Samoa Joe, this episode.  He's the most credible sounding, credible looking champ AEW has ever had imo - he carries himself so well.  And he gave a great shine to Hook, whilst at the same time looking utterly dominant.  That uranage looked fucking BRUTAL.  A long as Joe stays healthy, I think there's money in a long reign - a mixture of squashes and a few competitive defences against guys like Hangman could occupy at least 6 months if not more.

Absolute belter from Christian Cage and Dustin Rhodes as well, just great storytelling. 

Otherwise, something of a throwaway Dynamite.  Were the ROH Trios titles defended again rather than the AEW ones?  Yes they were.  However they might have noticed this error, as I think they are teasing a unification of the two sets of titles, which is a sensible plan.  The women's match was too long, and having been watching some TNA recently there's a significant gulf between what AEW is putting on and what TNA and WWE are doing for their womens' divisions.  And Private Party v Top Flight is my definition of a skippable match.

The Young Bucks' heel look is fire though.  They need to back it up by changing their in-ring work as well to deny the fans some of those face pops.

• Paid Members
48 minutes ago, Loki said:

The Young Bucks' heel look is fire though.  They need to back it up by changing their in-ring work as well

They don't have it in them. If they didn't do all their spots they might get less than 27 stars from Da Meltz and Tony would not look favourably on that. That is the career they built for themselves, they can't turn their backs on it now. 

• Paid Members
48 minutes ago, Loki said:

The Young Bucks' heel look is fire though.  They need to back it up by changing their in-ring work as well to deny the fans some of those face pops.

They should change their work. But they won't. Because they're terrible.

Toni Storm and Ian Schiavone Riccaboni were a total hoot though. Christian Cage is wrestler of the year. I'm delighted Samoa Joe is having such a great run of good health. ROH have a six man tag title? Great! I don't fucking care!

Great opener and close and a load of filler in between.

Even after deducting points for Canadian destroyers the opener was good fun graps between two old pros. Love it when TK goes crazy and books a heel to wrestle a babyface.

Joe is the Real World's Champion. He uplifts everything and just brings a different quality about him. Hook hasn't shown much growth in-ring but the promos are cool and been a real boost for him. Silly one-count kickout but otherwise great bit of business that shined up Hook and continued Joe as a killer.

The Young Bucks interview was complete rubbish and I have no idea what they were talking about for half of it.

The Undisputed whateverthefuck are a dud but I'm always up for watching Roddy Strong wrestle. Very much looking forward to him vs OC.

• Paid Members
41 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

They don't have it in them. If they didn't do all their spots they might get less than 27 stars from Da Meltz and Tony would not look favourably on that. That is the career they built for themselves, they can't turn their backs on it now. 

Obviously, like who like and no one is obligated to be a fan of anyone, but I'm amazed that this is still an opinion that exists about the Bucks in 2024. 

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Duke said:

Obviously, like who like and no one is obligated to be a fan of anyone, but I'm amazed that this is still an opinion that exists about the Bucks in 2024. 

I saw them wrestle for Dragongate UK at Oxford the first time DG came over here. To me they don't seem to have changed what they do in all that time and that must be nearly 15 years ago. It doesn't stop me enjoying some of their matches, they are what they are.