• Paid Members
32 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Looks like Mox might be injured which might be why the tournament makes no sense at the moment as it looked like BCC would have been the focus of it.

Ah right ok, that would explain it alright. Otherwise I'd have been expecting FTR Vs BCC to happen again in the final or semi final. Mox finally gets his holiday it seems. 

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Love the Eddie Kingston character with all my heart.

Hoping Okada absolutely murders him tonight. Squash the living fuck out him. Raise that gold.

Edited by Supremo

1 hour ago, Supremo said:

Love the Eddie Kingston with all my heart.

Hoping Okada absolutely murders him tonight. Squash the living fuck out him. Raise that gold.

This, it is exactly how the Kingston character should be used. Took him months to beat Danielson. I want Okada to toy with him before absolutely smashing him. Kingston licking his wounds and never dying is the best Kingston. 

• Paid Members

Yeah, it's another clunky thing about the Continental Crown. 

What it actually seems to mean is "everybody else barred from ringside", so I don't know why they don't just say that. 

Have they explained why Eddie’s now defending the belts separately instead of as the Crown? As he’s also lined up to only defending the ROH title against Mark Briscoe at Supercard of Honor which, assuming he loses tonight and then, would only leave him with the NJPW Strong belt

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

You’d have thought “no outside interference” would be a standard rule for most matches.

10 hours ago, Statto said:

Yeah, it's another clunky thing about the Continental Crown. 

What it actually seems to mean is "everybody else barred from ringside", so I don't know why they don't just say that. 

It’s wrestling, isn’t it? Where “no holds barred” and “(insert city name) streetfight” are interchangeable terms for no DQ matches, where a “Hardcore” match for some reason needed distinguishing from “falls count anywhere”, and where WWE have on multiple occasions put on a “ladder match” and a “TLC match” on the same card. The words are meaningless.

“Barred from ringside” you say? We’ll see. Bring back managers licenses, it’s what Gorilla would have wanted.

8 hours ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Have they explained why Eddie’s now defending the belts separately instead of as the Crown? As he’s also lined up to only defending the ROH title against Mark Briscoe at Supercard of Honor which, assuming he loses tonight and then, would only leave him with the NJPW Strong belt

The idea of the new American Triple Crown was undone almost as soon as it was won. It's been messy the whole time and clear it wasn't long for this world.

GDM7XgQXgAAvoYA?format=jpg&name=small

• Paid Members

Fuck me, they're going to have to turn Mercedes heel soon aren't they? Pretty hard to cheer her, even Toronto seemed to give up after the initial CEO chants. She's coming across as insanely phoney and unlikable. That she basically came out just to be like "hey, I made the production team put together a video about how great I am, watch it!" isn't exactly top babyface behaviour.

38 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Fuck me, they're going to have to turn Mercedes heel soon aren't they? Pretty hard to cheer her, even Toronto seemed to give up after the initial CEO chants. She's coming across as insanely phoney and unlikable. That she basically came out just to be like "hey, I made the production team put together a video about how great I am, watch it!" isn't exactly top babyface behaviour.

This was always going to be the best move, and I hope they already knew it. Sure, you get the initial pop for her in the hometown and all that, but everyone knows she's far better as a heel because that character does not lend itself to being believable or likeable. She thinks she's better than everyone else. She's the boss. The CEO. She's great at coming across as disingenuous and cocky. 

If I'd put bets on who would come in as a heel between her and Okada, it definitely would've been her. Not to say it hasn't been a stroke of genius with Okada but it's a far more natural place for Mercedes to be.