4 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

This seems insane given that the range of AEW shirts you could get on PWT was absolutely massive at one point. Is that part of the problem though, allowing all these guys to sort their own shit? It's consistently a massive missed opportunity, although from the pics I've seen, they appear to have one shirt for every member of the crowd last night. 

We went to an NXT show in Sheffield a few years ago and our kid was excited to get some shirts. The merch offering was dreadful. And it was still better than that.

Is it that AEWShop is all P.O.D stuff, it's woeful though that they just don't constantly keep a strong supply of latest and biggest selling shirts always on the road. The AEW logo isn't even the same anymore based on that display

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, 2Xtreme_lives said:

Is it that AEWShop is all P.O.D stuff, it's woeful though that they just don't constantly keep a strong supply of latest and biggest selling shirts always on the road. The AEW logo isn't even the same anymore based on that display

They're hardly going to throw all the old stock in the bin rather than see if someone will buy it, are they? When I went to a WCW show in 2000 the nWo "black and silver" had just died out and the only people still rocking the vintage black and white on telly were the Nazi Twins, yet the merch stand had plenty of 4 year old black white Ts with the "4 life" tagline underneath the logo. Guess what? People were buying them. I did too.

1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

You're not wrong. But those guys know what sells and what doesn't. So you print up a load of the top selling merch, throw in whoever is booked on that episode, and boom, you're mustard. It shouldn't be difficult, and they seemed to do an OK job at Wembley in comparison to their usual, but this is what happens when you work with companies like PWT and Jazwares over Fanatics and Mattel, you get second rate returns. If I was in charge I would allow PWT to run the online operations but get an events company to run live events merchandise.

It's been bad since day 1. People were being rather optimistic when Matt Jackson's wife left that there would be a significant change for the better.

These complaints tend to gain more traction though when its multiple people at the start of the show complaining about it. Not just the usual suspects online sharing the same pic.

• Paid Members
36 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

It's been bad since day 1. People were being rather optimistic when Matt Jackson's wife left that there would be a significant change for the better. 

Haven't they just signed a new COO who used to work for WWE as well as lots of other places including Clemson University. You would hope that he will put a more professional structure in place, but I think he only started 2 days ago so he might need a bit more time to turn it around. 

• Paid Members
39 minutes ago, theironshake said:

I don't know what happened there. I really don't know what I did 

Wan king of the Death Match.

• Paid Members

Surprising bit of self-awareness from Piss Jericho, a man known for literally the opposite of that, as he seemingly starts a storyline about attaching himself to a young star to leech off all their popularity and success. Kind of genius.

Ospreay! Ospreay! continues on his path to be the biggest star in the company. Special props to the fan in the front row who had a sign about maple syrup for him and turned it upside down whenever Billy was on the mat so he could still read it. It's not much, but I enjoyed it.

Finally, it took this week to make me realise that the match I'm most desperate to see Okada have is with Orange Cassidy, and I truly hope that the Young Bucks vs Best Friends sets that up some how.

Ospreay is already too big a star for AEW, unless he enjoys performing in front of 12 lads and TK. Cheques are being signed I suppose.

Mone is showing why WWE weren't arsed about keeping her/she'd already peaked. Dull on 2nd week in.

• Paid Members

Good show, with great action, let down massively by the crap crowd. First time in a while you could really notice how few people were in that massive, dark, empty space. All tight camera angles and forced perspectives again. Like going from playing N64 in glorious 3D for weeks, only to have it snatched away by your big brother, having to go back to playing in 2D on the crap, original NES. Rubbish.

Good opener. Will Ospreay continues to impress. I think this lad’s gonna be a good wrestler, you know! However, this was the first time since he joined AEW that I noticed his stupid tattoo with the All In attendance! What a whopper. Get it covered up, Will. You’re making top dollar now. Book in for a sleeve.

Further evidence that Will Ospreay might be the best wrestler in the World right now; hitting Katsuyori Shibata with stiff-looking soccer kicks, elbows, flying forearms, Tiger Drivers and Hidden Blades. All connecting snug, like there’s nothing to worry about. Must be a truly great worker to make all that look so good without the seam on Shibata’s skull opening up and his brain flopping back out.

Great vignette on Danielson being the absolute best. Not that it’s hard to convey. He is the absolute best. Literally impossible for him to ever receive enough flowers. The best ever. They should have played, “Monster,” over this.

Fun match between the Bucks and Private Party, but this tournament has been extremely disappointing thus far. Even worse is that the Finals of Bucks vs. FTR is so obvious. Continental Classic, this is not. Hopefully Mathew and Nicholas can spice it up with their new characters because I’ve otherwise got no interest in seeing them rematch against FTR again. Shame about them screwing up the finish here. They should have hit something else before getting the pin. Snoop Dogg needs to teach these amateurs how to improvise.

Disappointing they don’t do BTE anymore. They could have done a fun skit where they buy Nicholas some Addidas Predator boots to stop him slipping on the finish next time. Didn’t they shoot a daft BTE skit to explain Matt Sydal slipping on the turnbuckle that time he debuted in the Battle Royale? Classic! Hopefully next week we see Nicholas firing some ring crew for not wiping down the cavas properly. Okada can throw them out the arena or run them over with his Ferrari.

It took less than three weeks for us to get the true Mercedes Mone experience. Looked a million dollars. Everything else was worth about 20p. Spent the entire time at the desk sleep talking. Lifeless mumbling. Has she ever watched AEW before? Was she actually in her seat for much of the show at Wembley? You wouldn’t know it. Seemed as bored as she was clueless as to what to say. Didn’t she supposedly bring in a WWE writer, specifically for her? That writer better worry if she’s still on probation. Job Centre tomorrow morning. Sacked.

Good action in the Women’s four way, though. Willow and Skye are great together. Happy to see Willow win. Strap her up at the pay per view. Love her.

As much as Butcher vs. Dustin sounds like a fine Rampage scrap, I don’t want to see Dustin in AEW right now. I want to see him at Wrestlemania, for the Bloodline Endgame portal scene. He and Cody can blade together. Leave rivers of blood before overcoming the odds. Do it Tony, or else you don’t deserve pro-wrestling!

The balls on Mike Bennet to wear a, “NOBODY CARES,” T-shirt, when he’s in such a Dead-on-arrival act. Nobody cares, indeed. The Bang Bang Scissor Gang literally joined forces for the sole purpose of taking on The Undisputed Kingdom and even they forgot they existed a few weeks later. Poor MJF. Not only has this company instantly moved on and improved in his absence, but the blood feud for when he comes back is against the bWo. Chump central. Santana had a bigger comeback feuding against Ortiz exclusively on Rampage.

Good main event. Exactly what Swerve needed. The World Title dilemma remains though. Every week you think Swerve is the man and it’s time to switch the belt, but then Joe inevitably cuts a brilliant, impassioned promo straight afterwards and you’re left thinking, “actually, maybe not.”

Worst part of the show is the same as it always is. 

Jericho continues to Jericho. Urgh. How long has he been wearing that leather jacket, with badges on it? Like he stole it directly off Rick from the Young Ones. Bare chested under the jacket, too! Strong look, Chris. HOW DO YOU DO, FELLOW COOL, RELEVANT WRESTLERS. Whole thing just stinks. It’s not even like Jericho can go any lower. It’s HOOK who I’m starting to resent. Why is this cool, hip, aloof youngster agreeing to hang out with this creepy, fifty something weirdo? Bin this nonce! He should have hit Jericho’s advances with a, “no,” quicker then Punk hit Seth with a, “no,” on Monday. “Maybe we should…”NO.”  *Walks off eating some Flame Grilled Real McCoy’s*

I’ve seen people suggest it’s all becoming a meta heel run for Jericho, like that makes any difference at all. It doesn’t. Being self aware that you’re way past your sell by date and in dire need of six months off TV doesn’t make it any better. It’s not something you can play into. Just fuck off. I will not feel sympathy for HOOK if Jericho turns on him. Got everything he deserved.

This made me laugh though.

IMG_7925.thumb.jpeg.3eec4c813fde9406c04718e9ce83536c.jpeg

Shout out to my boy Daniel Garcia. His heart was in the right place, before he decided better of it and deleted the Tweet. You have to let these young lads lose six months of their career to this prick, Danny. They all must experience him sucking the life out of their young souls, like Vigo in Ghostbusters 2. It’s a canon event.

Compare and contrast Ospreay & Okada's first few weeks, and new signings in general. I can only assume Mercedes still isn't cleared. It's got the same vibe to when Saraya debuted. A 'name' being trotted out because they can't do anything else with them. Going with Julia Hart v. Willow at Dynasty could mean its not going to change anytime soon.

• Paid Members
52 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Doesn't help that Mercedes has never really been cut out for long promos. 

Or short ones. The microphone has never really been her friend has it. TK was hampered by her not been ready to wrestle in Boston and had backed himself into that corner. Once she gets going in the ring she should really get into her stride.