• Paid Members
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, 69MeDon said:

What were the reports about what Okada was getting? $4m a year? I don't believe that, either, 

Not to be arsed quoting my own posts again because I don’t want to give Bacon an embolism, but… nor should you. Never believe anything Tokyo Sports prints beyond who won what match. Especially not finances. Well, or attendances. Well, or matches that are signed but not been announced on telly yet. Or anything. I’m still waiting for Kurt Angle vs Kenta Kobashi for Noah’s belt.

Edited by air_raid
Typo. Double Bacon.

• Paid Members

That was a fun Dynamite. They're on a real roll lately. I couldn't give a fiddlers about Mercedes Mone - she's one of the most overrated wrestlers of the last decade in my book. But if she's got a sweetheart deal, and helps get more attention for the women that are programmed with her, then fair fucks to her. I'll probably skip a fair bit of it though if I'm honest. 

The new Elite are cracking. I wasn't even sure Okada spoke English but he was great taking the piss out of Marvez. Speaking of the funnies - Samoa Joe kicking yer man off the ramp? I howled at that. 

I thought Joe Vs Wardlow was pretty decent - it was what it was going to be. They played it like a sprint and I enjoyed it to give Joe another solid title defence. 

Jericho will have Hook killed stone dead by the time he's finished with him. You can absolutely feel him sucking the heat out of Hook already. 

Christian Vs Edge being in Toronto makes lots of sense, but I'm very surprised Kingston Vs Okada is happening on the same show. Thought that would have been on the PPV for sure. Okada beating Kingston on the TV then defending against PAC at Dynasty maybe?

This tag tournament, do we know what format it's going to take yet? Part of me thinks they should go the Continental Classic route in some way, with a group stage. 4 groups of 4, winner of A vs runner up of C etc. If every top team is in it, the whole thing could be a barn burner. 

16 minutes ago, WeeAl said:

Thought This tag tournament, do we know what format it's going to take yet? Part of me thinks they should go the Continental Classic route in some way, with a group stage. 4 groups of 4, winner of A vs runner up of C etc. If every top team is in it, the whole thing could be a barn burner. 

Sadly we do and BOY are you going to be dissappinted. 

CEO CEO. Love that chant already. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but I love having things to chant to. Has anyone noticed that they have changed ospreys theme tune so the osprey osprey bit is earlier? Probably because American audiences tend to be louder and they want something to chant.

The talent level in aew is ridiculous right now. But with that comes pressure. There is no excuse to not be producing quality shows now. 

2 hours ago, Merzbow said:

It has to be Bucks vs FTR, right? It's a weak set of teams overall.

Ugh, again.  Very uninspiring.

• Paid Members

Yeah, given they had hinted it was going to be AEW's version of the NCAA basketball tournaments, it's disappointing that the only influence there is the inclusion of the "play in" round. 

Would have liked to have seen at least 16 entries split into 4 "regions". Perhaps those sub-brackets could have been themed - a Flyers bracket (e.g. Top Flight, Private Party), an AEW Originals bracket (e.g. Best Friends, Dark Order), maybe an RoH bracket (e.g.Infantry, Righteous) 

It's still a single elimination tournament bracket at the end of the day, but could have put a slightly different coat of paint on it at a time when such things are very much in the American sports consciousness. 

• Paid Members

Ah, memories of the Raw Bowl.

Hey…. do you think Tony could get hold of Sid’s number?

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, WeeAl said:

So BCC beat FTR then aren't in the tournament? That's a bit of weak booking there. 

Looks like Mox might be injured which might be why the tournament makes no sense at the moment as it looked like BCC would have been the focus of it.