Money In The Bank - O2 London

Merzbow

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, DavidB6937 said:

The weird thing about the Cena/Grayson chat about the UK fans is that it's probably the most well behaved crowd I've been in for years. There weren't many efforts at disrupting the shows or cheering for the wrong people as far as I could tell.

Except for Bailey at Smackdown, you’re probably right.

LA Knight is just a fad man, I can't see anything in him long term, he's just the latest guy getting great reactions for a time and then it'll die down. Priest winning based on current storylines is the best thing all round. LA Knight wins and gets the belt he'd be cold as fuck within a few weeks.

I think people these days put far too much weight on someone getting decent reactions because not everyone does, but it doesn't mean jjst because someone is over they need the belt or unlimited success. Take the attitude era, Godfather was getting reactions louder than 90% of the roster, should he have been World Champion? Should he fuck. Same with the likes of Road Dogg and to a lesser extent in more recent times Adam Rose and Fandango, they've found a theme/catchphrase to get them over, and thats great but doesn't mean they have to be at the top of the card

For me the weekend showed that Cody is and is going to be the fucking man. Last night reminded of The Rock in the summer of 1999,  pissing about with midcarders but still being insanely over and just having that generational star aura. Cody is it, he's everything and more that WWE needs as thee man. When he gets the belt it'll be glorious

1 hour ago, DavidB6937 said:

The weird thing about the Cena/Grayson chat about the UK fans is that it's probably the most well behaved crowd I've been in for years. There weren't many efforts at disrupting the shows or cheering for the wrong people as far as I could tell.

100%.

The most over of the people expected to be there this weekend were Cody and LA Knight by a distance. Followed by Sami and KO. The most hated people there were Logan Paul, who gets that reaction everywhere, Roman and Dominik.

If anything, the biggest issue is probably the sweariness. But it definitely wasn't a bizarro world crowd.

I did have one guy near me on the first night screaming 'you can't wrestle' at Roman, which was amusing.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Doog said:

LA Knight is just a fad man, I can't see anything in him long term, he's just the latest guy getting great reactions for a time and then it'll die down. Priest winning based on current storylines is the best thing all round. LA Knight wins and gets the belt he'd be cold as fuck within a few weeks.

I think people these days put far too much weight on someone getting decent reactions because not everyone does, but it doesn't mean jjst because someone is over they need the belt or unlimited success. Take the attitude era, Godfather was getting reactions louder than 90% of the roster, should he have been World Champion? Should he fuck. Same with the likes of Road Dogg and to a lesser extent in more recent times Adam Rose and Fandango, they've found a theme/catchphrase to get them over, and thats great but doesn't mean they have to be at the top of the card

For me the weekend showed that Cody is and is going to be the fucking man. Last night reminded of The Rock in the summer of 1999,  pissing about with midcarders but still being insanely over and just having that generational star aura. Cody is it, he's everything and more that WWE needs as thee man. When he gets the belt it'll be glorious

I don't know if LA Knight is quite WWE Champion material but to dismiss him as a fad is just wrong. He was over in TNA, over in NWA and he's over in WWE. It's not like this is a new gimmick he's doing and people ironically like it. He's been doing his YEAAHHH and LEMME TALK TO YA for years now and it's been over everywhere he's went.

13 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

I don't know if LA Knight is quite WWE Champion material but to dismiss him as a fad is just wrong. He was over in TNA, over in NWA and he's over in WWE. It's not like this is a new gimmick he's doing and people ironically like it. He's been doing his YEAAHHH and LEMME TALK TO YA for years now and it's been over everywhere he's went.

Yeah he's been pretty consistent to be fair. No one knows what's going to be a fad and what will stick. It's just guess work at this point. Bryan's YES chant could've easily been a fad.

Had a great time. The show recovered from having LA Knight lose the opener which could’ve easily killed the crowd with two great surprises in Drew and Cena and the Bloodline Civil War was fine to perfection. Jey Uso finally getting the pin on Roman after all that time.

I don’t think matches like Rollins/Balor and Gunther/Riddle quite lived up to expectations, mainly because they weren’t given the time  but there was enough on here that it didn’t matter. 

Edited by AndyUK

After about 10 minutes of the show beginning I knew I made a huge mistake not getting tickets for this, it really was an amazing show and I’m so happy(and jealous) most of you got to be there to witness it in person. 

Jey/Roman main eventing SummerSlam will be huge, if they want to continue the angle after they could even do a fatal 4 way and add Jimmy and Solo to the mix, I don’t want this angle to end.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

5 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

I feel similarly, but I’d definitely be up for seeing him face Roman for the title, the crowd response alone would make that feud an absolute blast.

Knight/Paul at Summerslam is a brilliant shout though, from whoever suggested that. 

I know Cole mentioned about that being the first since December 2019 that Reigns has been pinned, but when was he last pinned clean? 
The last time that I can remember, at least on PPV, was when he lost to Bobby Lashley at Extreme Rules 2018. That’s just under 5 years ago.

The only real dud for me was the Womens Tag Team Title Match because who cares, but it was otherwise an excellent show and hopefully will see Damian Priest kick on and an Iyo Sky face turn could be good. That finish to the women’s MITB match was great

So on the Wembley front, pitch won’t be an issue. They did the AJ vs. Klitschko fight there at the end of April a week after the FA Cup Semi-Final but shortly before play-offs and FA Cup Final.

Weather is one challenge but not insurmountable (see the aforementioned boxing match plus two Wrestlemanias in New Jersey, one coming up in Philadelphia). 

The big issue I believe is going to be logistics, being able to do a production at scale that looks and feels like a proper Wrestlemania. On top of this there’s the time difference - having MITB and the Saudi shows in different time zones is one thing, Wrestlemania is another. 

In addition to this the Mayor Of London’s office basically needs to have made a bid.

So, yes, there’s a bunch of challenges but I believe they can all be overcome and frankly I feel it is a matter of time. WWE will be looking at the money they have made this weekend and thinking that a Wrestlemania in London could be a highest ever grossing event for them.

• Paid Members

Set out at five in the morning Saturday, delayed flight in, bastard trains, bastard tubes, bastard accidentally paying to exit a station I had a valid ticket for, a two+ hour taxi queue from hell after the show... And it was all worth It! I don't think it had a big two matches on here as good as the big two in Cardiff, but as a whole show I think this was better. Such an easy watch that I didn't leave my seat once, I was planning to during the womens tag but I was too tired to move and it ended up being okay. Everything else was good to great. As much as I've loved my few at stadiums, this was my first proper big show in a an arena, and that atmosphere just hits different, man. Drew, Cena, Cody's entrance (I was shaking) were spine-tingling. I'd somehow never seen a ladder match live before so it's nice to cross that off the list. You'll never convince me that having Cody lose at Mania (and to Brock) wasn't one of the stupidest things they've ever done, the Bloodline stuff they've been doing since then is undeniably still phenomenal though, what a main event. I don't think the ominous mood change whenever Roman's theme starts will ever wear off, he's special.

Can't wait to watch it all back. WM 2025 night one: Puerto Rico, night two: UK. Let's go!

Edited by CleetusVanDamme

You guys do realise its all fake right? 

They'll just work the damage to the pitch into the storylines. 

"How will the superstars of the FA cup perform on such a pitch?" Get a manager to cut a promo afterwards about how outraged he is that pitch cost his team the match. 

• Paid Members

But all this talk about how good the wrestling was, we're ignoring the real matter. What was the seating configuration like, and other logistics?

9 hours ago, ElBigFella said:

So on the Wembley front, pitch won’t be an issue.

Never mind.