Money In The Bank - O2 London

Merzbow

• Paid Members
48 minutes ago, CavemanLynn said:

The angle is so hot right now, that I think you could put anyone involved in front of Roman and argue they should be the one to dethrone him. 

Hard disagree. Yes, they completely Lugered Cody (amazing comment @air_raid), but the champion represents the company. Which is why people like Jinder or JBL never clicked like your Cena's or Romans. You need someone credible. It is why, even though it is still controversial, Brock ending the Undertakers streak was plausible. Jay becoming world champ would flop, like Kofi did (and that's down to talent, it is literally down to booking and presentation). Whilst you would get the feel good moment with Jay winning, no one would care a week later. I only see it being Cody, and even than it won't mean anything like it would have at Mania this year. 

Jey as champ is still a gratitude booking for me. I know there's a really interesting and worthwhile discussion to be had over how many feel-good moments need to get shelved for The Plan, but if Cody still is their plan then one surefire way of ensuring his win won't have as much impact is if Roman's usurping, tag team wrestler cousin gets to take the belt off him first.

If they really do want to go all in on Cody still, then I'm really still all in to see it. 'Rumble to WrestleMania this year was an incredible ride - one of the best ever - so I'm up for it again next year. They've earned that much from me. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK

5 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Hard disagree. Yes, they completely Lugered Cody (amazing comment @air_raid), but the champion represents the company. Which is why people like Jinder or JBL never clicked like your Cena's or Romans. You need someone credible. It is why, even though it is still controversial, Brock ending the Undertakers streak was plausible. Jay becoming world champ would flop, like Kofi did (and that's down to talent, it is literally down to booking and presentation). Whilst you would get the feel good moment with Jay winning, no one would care a week later. I only see it being Cody, and even than it won't mean anything like it would have at Mania this year. 

Yes - I should clarify I wasn't talking in a business sense, purely in terms of the angle. Sami, then Cody, then Jey, and there's rumbles of fan support for Solo taking the strap off Roman. My point was, that the angle is so exciting that you can point any one of them at Roman, and there's a frisson of "they're the ones that are going to do it!"

4 hours ago, Tsurutagun said:

Just catching up with Money In The Bank and am I the only one who noticed Growly McGrowlerson announcing Bayley as being part of Judgment Day? 

You can understand her flub, given Rhea was flirting with her every night on the tour running up to MITB

Out of curiousity, does anyone know what the deal with commemorative event chairs was for this show? I know those who sell a kidney for the first x amount of rows normally get a special chair. But I didn't see any at the show at all. And they were originally advertised as being part of the deal. So just wondering what the score was with that.

13 minutes ago, truthofsin said:

Out of curiousity, does anyone know what the deal with commemorative event chairs was for this show? I know those who sell a kidney for the first x amount of rows normally get a special chair. But I didn't see any at the show at all. And they were originally advertised as being part of the deal. So just wondering what the score was with that.

Last I saw:

https://twitter.com/PepsiGraps/status/1675197871002361856?t=s3YHi8_lXnfgeJHx8XHHjw&s=19

The UK regulations bit is interesting.   I assume there's some weird law saying they can't let people take chairs home with them from arenas or something.

Did they do it at CATC?

Unless the UK regulations relates to they said they would supply the chairs so they have to even though they forgot to make them or something.   In the USA they'd probably get away with some smallprint legal crap saying they can change their minds about the chairs without notice.

Edited by The Dart