Money In The Bank - O2 London

Merzbow

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

That's not an "in this time" thing.

No, but it’s made easier/worse by this two night thing. Of course we know they didn’t get 93k in the silverdome, but now they don’t even attempt to pretend that they are selling out 2 nights in a row to completely different people, when a good 70-90% of tickets were combos.

Wouldn't an issue with Tottenham and West Ham stadiums being used be that it would take place in season 

I guess both could be ensured to play away that weekend but its still a big turnaround and if one of them had a European home game midweek in between that wouldn't be quite so easy to move around.

It's why Wrestlemania tends to be at NFL Stadiums and the Royal Rumble at Baseball stadiums or non NFL used Stadiums.

If it ever happened it'll be Wembley though surely

2 minutes ago, MVP RULZ said:

Wouldn't an issue with Tottenham and West Ham stadiums being used be that it would take place in season 

I guess both could be ensured to play away that weekend but its still a big turnaround and if one of them had a European home game midweek in between that wouldn't be quite so easy to move around.

It's why Wrestlemania tends to be at NFL Stadiums and the Royal Rumble at Baseball stadiums or non NFL used Stadiums.

If it ever happened it'll be Wembley though surely

If they did use Wembley then they’d have to break with the new tradition and move the FA Cup semis to neutral venues which I couldn’t see the FA going for

I'll also say despite only buying the combo ticket to make sure i got MITB, it was actually nice to have the same seat for both nights. I went alone and it was good seeing the same people and just made it a bit easier. So Alex and Jess if you're out there somewhere - thanks!

In fact people in the queues and wherever in general were really nice. I'm awkward as fuck in social situations but meeting like minded people and chatting about something you all love is nice and really enhanced the two nights for me.

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, MVP RULZ said:

Setting up something like Mania would totally fuck up the pitch beyond all repair, I'd think. Be a total re-lay job, which is why stadiums hold concerts shortly after the season finishes, then they put the new one down. I suppose if an event promised to be lucrative enough for a club they might be persuaded to do a re-lay in April, but I'd imagine a new pitch takes at least a fortnight (if not a month) to bed down.

That said - doesn't Spurs stadium have a dealy where you can move the outside, or am I confusing that with other stadia? Even then, I dunno if you can do any kind of set up inside with the pitch outside (i.e. what kind of surface is left inside to work with).

Otherwise, I wonder if the only way to do a stadium Mania in London would be to alter the calendar from the norm - have it first week of June or something, when the weather might also be tad more clement, at least in theory. OR you could just carny BS your way through it by turning Mania into a "3 night global extravaganza too big for one country to hold!" and do night one in the US in April, night two in Saudi Arabia in May & night 3 in London in June. I wouldn't put it past them to try...

55 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

I saw a clip of the Ricochet spot on Reddit and though I didn't hear it myself apparently he asks Logan if he's ready and Logan says no and he just does the spot anyway. I think Logan being so naturally talented to land fairly safely is the only reason Ricochet isn't currently in deep shit right now.

I was gutted they fucked that spot up because it would have looked brilliant if they pulled it off. As it was, because they didn’t land as intended on the top rope, the whole thing just looked awful. If that’s true about Richochet, then that is really irresponsible. Hopefully no harm done though. 

5 minutes ago, Statto said:

That said - doesn't Spurs stadium have a dealy where you can move the outside, or am I confusing that with other stadia?

The football pitch retracts under the stand, so that it doesn't get damaged. It's never used for anything other than football. 

4 minutes ago, Mr Kennedy said:

I was gutted they fucked that spot up because it would have looked brilliant if they pulled it off. As it was, because they didn’t land as intended on the top rope, the whole thing just looked awful. If that’s true about Richochet, then that is really irresponsible. Hopefully no harm done though. 

To be fair, it’d have looked way worst if they’d just abandoned ship.

What they did was incredibly dangerous and potentially irresponsible, but there’s no doubting they made it look like a struggle and real battle.

As we know, WrestleMania tends to take place in late March or early April, which is close to the men's footie international break so Spurs or West Ham (or Arsenal) wouldn't have a European game around that time. Wembley might want to host an England home match instead though.

The FA Cup semi-finals are generally a good few weeks later than that these days, so there's no issue with Wembley there. Some people have managed to find logistical barriers where none actually exist. 

• Paid Members

I can't see them bringing WrestleMania over here. Currently, they're getting the various states in the US to bid to host WrestleMania and WWE are being offered millions of dollars in tax breaks/credits for the privilege. The UK would need to offer something better, I know Cardiff did something similar with the support of their government which gave us Clash at the Castle but I can't see our government doing anything like that. 

The Logan spot looked great anyway. Popped me. Ugly bumps are sometimes the best bumps.

It was a nice show, though I wasn't feeling too bad that I didn't get a ticket right until that Cena surprise. That must have been incredible to witness live.

The Baszler "turn" (who's the heel?) was out of the blue in a bad confusing way, rather than a cool shocking way for me, but the match between the two could be nice.

Hated the Not-Universal title match, even by Rollins standards it felt soulless. Finn should've battered Seth when he had his back turned to him for a whole minute doing the conductor shite. For someone who has apparently been stewing for 7 years, Finn seemed very willing to have a totally normal athletic wrestling match rather than a hate-feuled fight. Breaking up the Judgment Day also feels premature to me, at least I'd want it to feel more subtle at this stage but they've telegraphed the fuck out of it here.

Overall though, very enjoyable. Crowd didn't feel like they were trying to get themselves over ahead of the wrestlers too much like in some previous UK shows. They mostly just enhanced things. Good ladder matches; Priest was a surprise winner but I am a fan of his and think he could use the boost right now since he's becoming a bit of a jobber-to-the-stars, whereas Knight can just cut a funny promo on Logan next week and stay pretty much at the level he's currently at. Cody/Dom was exactly what it needed to be. McIntyre/Gunther sounds lovely for SummerSlam. Great Cena segment and this is the first time I've seen Waller do anything worthwhile, he's quite funny. Main went a little long for my liking but it was such a good, big-time feeling story that I can forgive a bit of indulgence and the finishing stretch was magnificent.