Money In The Bank - O2 London

Merzbow

• Paid Members

Ah, cherished memories of one of the old teletext wrestling pages suggesting there was a strong possibility the Royal Rumble was going to be held at Celtic Park, at a time to suit the US audience.

A wrestling show. Outside. At 1am. In Glasgow. In January.

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, Healy52003 said:

Anyone hear Whispers of the Rumble been in Manchester next year ?

Peter Kay is in the Manchester Arena 26th/27th Jan and Depeche Mode 29th Jan, The new Arena wont be open til April 2024 and doubt theyd do a stadium show in the UK the end of Jan

I've heard rumours of Garstang. The Riva Showbar. 

11 minutes ago, Statto said:

A wrestling show. Outside. At 1am. In Glasgow. In January.

Yeah, but it would be a matter of local double-hard bastard pride to still be topless, with a letter of their favourite wrestler's name carved bloodily on their chest.

• 1 month later...

So what we thinking for 2024 

Looks like Wembley stadium is AEW land, maybe a show in Twickenham or Spurs Stadium. A MITB return in a stadium would sell out like hot cakes 

Etihad in Manchester is another shout or the New Arena if they want to do a show indoors 

Edited by Healy52003

36 minutes ago, Healy52003 said:

Twickenham

This would be an incredibly shit place to have as with any other event. 

It's rubbish to get to, the station (stations if you want to include Whitton) are not fit for the purpose of that many people to be quite honest, and the pub choices from station to stadium is non existent. 

You could come in from London via Hounslow, but honestly there is a reason why Twickenham has been massively faded out in terms of concerts and other things, and it's because it's crap.

You couldn't even go and see where a young SuperBacon grew up on the estate next to it, as the block was knocked down due to subsidence. Sad times.

Take it to Spurs instead. Just as bad transport links, but you do get to try Chick King.

4 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Didn’t WWE trouser 3 mill from authorities to have it in Wales? I think that’ll go some way in deciding the location if they want to do a stadium show over here again. 

That was certainly reported. Can't blame them if that was the case. Makes far more sense financially.

7 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

That was certainly reported. Can't blame them if that was the case. Makes far more sense financially.

Yep. It’s already profitable before they sell a ticket!

10 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

London stadium, home of HHH's favorite club. I mean, you won't see shit, but they won't care.

I dunno, it seems a great stadium for everything except football. The baseball has been great views all round. 

• Paid Members

I wouldn’t mind it at Twickenham. Just because I can be home in quick time compared to other places in London. And via bus. So it’s for selfish reasons really. Also, saw Metallica there a couple of years back and it weren’t too bad in terms of sound. 

@SuperBacon Now Twickenham station has been done up, it can handle a lot more people. And it’s only a few minutes difference to walk compared to Wembley. 

I think it's probably a safe bet that because aew are now probably going to be looking to run Wembley stadium each year (at least for the next couple at least) we will get a yearly ppv from WWE to. Which should be the case anyway in my opinion as the British market is a very large and loyal market 

1 minute ago, Kfogg1991 said:

I think it's probably a safe bet that because aew are now probably going to be looking to run Wembley stadium each year (at least for the next couple at least) we will get a yearly ppv from WWE to. Which should be the case anyway in my opinion as the British market is a very large and loyal market 

Maybe. Maybe not. AEW running one big show a year vs WWE's usual touring and TV taping etc, I'm not sure it's guaranteed that we'd get a yearly PPV from WWE. In fact if anything they might want to branch out into other countries. They have plenty of large and loyal markets that are untapped that I'm sure they could do just as well in. You've also got diminishing returns. Can people afford the tours and yearly PPVs etc? Or does it make more sense to spread them out? All perfectly valid scenarios really.

28 minutes ago, TheBurningRed said:

@SuperBacon Now Twickenham station has been done up, it can handle a lot more people. And it’s only a few minutes difference to walk compared to Wembley. 

Yeah I didn't mean the walk in terms of distance, but theres not even a pub on the way! Even Wembley has the boxpark!

Actually via Whitton you could feasibly hit up the Admiral Nelson, one of my all time favourite haunts, so ignore me :)