Money In The Bank - O2 London

Merzbow

2 minutes ago, neil is brill said:

I hope everyone has a blast tonight, it still baffles me that WWE chose The O2 instead of a stadium for this show when demand was so high, but hey-ho, nothing you can do about that.

I'll be watching from home, jealous of all of you.

Looked on viagogo a moment ago, the event is literally starting in a matter of minutes and someone still has seats listed for £765 on the roof, shitting hell!

It's probably down to when the arena was booked, far before they knew there would be that amount of demand.

That was absolutely cracking.

Mental that Roman got pinned clean. I do think that main dragged a bit but was wicked, and what a moment.

Oh and John Cena bringing Mania over here? He really is the GOAT.

Green t shirt cunt front and centre, but you can't have everything in life. 

Edited by SuperBacon

Un fucking believable show from start to finish, it could have fell off a cliff with Priest beating the overwhelming choice of LA Knight to the men’s case but it stayed molten all night from Shayna’s turn on Rousey to Drew’s return to Big Match John’s surprise appearance to Iyo winning the women’s case to Cody and Seth’s entrances and culminating with that finish

It has to be Jey and Roman in the Summerslam main event now surely after that? 

It’s absolutely amazing they still run PLE’s in the US. All the evidence would point to them always being better abroad.

Astonishing crowd. A bit sweary at times, which I find a bit naff, but absolutely pitch perfect for pretty much everything.

Cody is absurdly smooth in the ring in person. That was a bit of a highlight for me, but really enjoyed everything.

I always question the Roman match formula at the start of his matches as they take so long to get going as he milks everything he can from the crowd, but by the end I was beside myself.

Great show.

• Paid Members

We say Jay pinned Roman clean, but did he not pull the "accidental low blow" when kicking out the spear that probably weakened Roman up for the finish?

In fairness I'm working off hastily cut together highlights and twitter clips as I've only just finished work but it did seem there's a way out to build to Summer slam.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Shy Dad said:

We say Jay pinned Roman clean, but did he not pull the "accidental low blow" when kicking out the spear that probably weakened Roman up for the finish?

In fairness I'm working off hastily cut together highlights and twitter clips as I've only just finished work but it did seem there's a way out to build to Summer slam.

You are spot on

Yep, I moaned a little in the SmackDown thread about last night's show but I think, I'm guessing, the PPV gave everyone mostly what they wanted, with a few surprises thrown in too. They really are the best at making you feel you're there for something special sometimes, and the dragged-out Roman entrance actually gave me time to sit there and think about the entire storyline - while watching Jey pace around in the ring, and spotting Sami and KO in the stands chatting in an animated fashion about what they were about to see. Again, they all played their parts perfectly.

I think the other highlight for me was the Cena appearance. I've never cared much for him at all, but you couldn't help but get sucked in to the feeling everyone's hometown hero was back in town, and he had nothing but good news to dish out. Grayson Waller waffled on for far, far too long before getting battered, but oh well.

Good stuff and I'm sure it came off great on the telly too. I hope everyone at the show had a fab time :)

It's nights like tonight that justify me sticking with wrestling and WWE for three decades and longer. When it's good it's fucking GREAT. Moment after joyful moment. I haven't felt anything like it in so long. I'm so glad I pushed myself to go. I've been ruled by anxiety for years and even worse recently so I really needed a win and this was one for sure. I couldn't be happier.

Feel a bit for LA Knight not winning the ladder match, the crowd was definitely up for it and I dunno if he’ll get a reaction that big in the US again.

I’m a little concerned that both briefcases are being used as a tool to split up two different factions, I can definitely see Bayley and Iyo arguing over when to cash it in constantly, to the point where Iyo becomes the first woman to fail her cash in, then again, the same could happen with Priest and Balor.

Post show presser; Triple H pretty much says don’t count on London getting a WrestleMania. So I expect Cena trying to promise us a Mania was the just same thing he’s done every time he’s appeared at a UK show. Cheap pop and ensures the crowd behave themselves for a few minutes.

Edited by neil is brill
Double line spacing fixed.

• Paid Members

There was a lot of great stuff on this show, but honestly I popped biggest (sitting at home) for Cena recreating the "how bout I enjoy some time with my friends?" video with Waller.

• Paid Members

Went into that cold last night, haven't been following for a few months but watched mainly due to the start time and having an evening free. Thought it was pretty great, enjoyed it from start to finish, crowd was on fire too.

Having been lucky enough to win tickets to Thursday’s show in Sheffield (helped by a cheeky ringside seat bump due to knowing someone who knows someone) I was already feeling like I had the bug for becoming a regular viewer again outside of the main PPVs….sorry, PLEs.

Watching last night on the Network made me regret not trying to get tickets to be there live. 

A fun show from start to a spine-tingling finish and can’t lie, even though it may have just been for a cheap pop I unashamedly marked out at the Mania in London suggestion.