Christmas Foods 2023

Thunderplex

• Paid Members

We ordered a really nice curry in. The place we wanted to order from wasn't doing delivery, so we ordered from a different place and it was delicious (Spice Garden in Blackburn, for the record). It was with us in half an hour, and was delicious. My mum found some Wensleydale cheese and creamy Lancashire and a lovely Stilton for with some biscuits. Was nice. I particularly enjoyed when Steve Wright was playing the top 40 streaming Christmas number 1s and Rage Against The Machine managed to break the top 10. 

• Paid Members

Double post but I kept my ambition to grow as much veg for dinner as I could, roast potatoes, carrot, parsnip, kidney beans, red cabbage, carrots, broad beans and broccoli. 

Did a special dinner selection for the dog too, who's been farting non stop since about 6.

The winner for me was pudding. My mam didn't want anything too filling today so I made panna cotta. Because I couldn't get vanilla essence I got vanilla paste and its amazing. Topped it with some strawberrys and raspberrys from a chap down the market and and a raspberry sauce with some of his less sellable punnets. 

The highlight was the woman who sells the bread I get bits off who said she could sort her an "after eight cake", I was expecting a small mint chocolate tart thing but what turned up was a full on chocolate sponge with mint butter cream, chocolate and after eight toppers. My booze filled fruit cake hasn't had a look in. 

First dinner done by my sister was a great success (well 75% her work, our mum done the Turkey, beef and gammon, the latter last night), was utterly stuffed after it

Started with tempura prawns which were massive and super crispy 

The main event was the 3 meats with roasties, pigs in blankets, mushy and tinned peas, dauphinois potatoes, carrot and turnip mash, parsnips, broccoli and a Yorkshire pudding with gravy

Dessert was a slice of Costco chocolate fudge cake

Despite all that I’ve just had a Turkey butty and some left over gammon, beef and pigs as a late night snack cos why not it’s Christmas