Christmas Foods 2023

Thunderplex

17 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

The range of party foods in M&S this year is almost overwhelming. There's so much of it I'm considering fasting from now until Christmas Day because I know my parents are going to buy absolutely all of it. Delighted to see they've retained the beef burger spring rolls, especially.

They sell those year round at my local one.

Although annoyingly the local one only sells about 5 options for party foods. It's sorely dissapointing as the big M&S done closed a little while back. I love party snacks, I pretty much throw a christmas party every year so I can try all the party snacks

Also had a vegetarian christmas sandwich today that used cauliflower cheese as the turkey alternative (w/ potato rosti, cranbery sauce, pickled cabbage, chestnut mayo, sage and onion). Much better than some sort of tasteless faux-key

Edited by organizedkaos

On 11/30/2023 at 10:09 PM, Daaaaaad! said:

Naturally I bought a box to try myself, so will report back.

tciKjao.jpg 

But soft, what light from yonder window breaks? It is the east, and Festive Bake is the sun.

Exactly what I wanted tbh. No pale imitation here, just exactly the pastry you want at the exact temperature you want, provided you've got an oven and 30mins to spare. Delicious.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought some Gruyere from Sainsburys and was meaning to save it, but a slow week WFH means it's all gone, so will definitely be getting replacements in tomorrow.

That with some jalapeños and chilli chutney on crackers has got me through it.

Think I'm just going to do lines of Rennies for the next week.