Christmas Foods 2023

Thunderplex

• Paid Members

Have you had the trail mix that Marks has done?

Marks and Spencer Very Merry Munch

It's actually like crack. They did a Hallowe'en version that was sold out and not replaced by mid-October, but the Xmas one is also out now - there's this version and a version with gummy sweets in and it's brilliant.  

We had the Halloween one, it was ok, but not great. I will still try the Christmas one though. It's nice seeing all the Christmas stuff back in the shops. My eldest is properly aware of Christmas for the first time, so we will be indulging in every type of Christmas treat.

• Paid Members
On 11/12/2023 at 12:31 PM, Nexus said:

Have you had the trail mix that Marks has done?

Marks and Spencer Very Merry Munch

It's actually like crack. They did a Hallowe'en version that was sold out and not replaced by mid-October, but the Xmas one is also out now - there's this version and a version with gummy sweets in and it's brilliant.  

image.thumb.png.7d44d5dcf2213a9bd9cb9757b5dd7c27.png

Home Bargains version.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Just had the Greggs Festive Bake and I'm feeling positively Christmassy now.

Made from a delicious crumb topped pastry, filled with pieces of cooked chicken, sage & onion stuffing and cooked sweetcure bacon, covered in a creamy sage & cranberry sauce.

I've bought four festive bakes from the Greggs outlet near me but my eldest hasn't let me anywhere near them, he did kindly let me have a bite it the Christmas lunch baguette though which was surprisingly really good, the pigs under blankets baguettes in recent years have been disappointing but the Christmas lunch one is good. 

3 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

Just had the Greggs Festive Bake and I'm feeling positively Christmassy now.

I've been reasonably informed that the Iceland frozen variety is possibly even better, mainly because you know you're getting it hot and with the pastry at the right consistency. A festive bake from the bakery itself always risks being the tepid 'left out' one.

Naturally I bought a box to try myself, so will report back.

• Paid Members

The range of party foods in M&S this year is almost overwhelming. There's so much of it I'm considering fasting from now until Christmas Day because I know my parents are going to buy absolutely all of it. Delighted to see they've retained the beef burger spring rolls, especially.

Edited by Devon Malcolm