Christmas Foods 2023

Thunderplex

1 hour ago, CleetusVanDamme said:

Can I just ask for everyone to be more responsible this winter and say if you're going to offer a guest in your house a mince pie, please make clear before you bring it through that it's the shitty-ass fruit thing. I get burned every year and it's always upsetting.

I can't fathom any situation where I'd be offered a mince pie in someones house and not think it's the shitty fruit version.  Who's offering beef pies as a snack?

• Awards Moderator

50 frozen mini sausage rolls for £1.50 IS Christmas. Cook them in one go then graze on them for days. Or one sitting. 

Add some pickled onions and you’ve basically got my 1980’s festive season when my Dad was on strike.

Wouldn’t change it for the world.

• Paid Members
19 hours ago, CleetusVanDamme said:

Can I just ask for everyone to be more responsible this winter and say if you're going to offer a guest in your house a mince pie, please make clear before you bring it through that it's the shitty-ass fruit thing. I get burned every year and it's always upsetting.

I can only picture this as a Beano panel, you responding to the offer of mince pies by sitting down to the table, tablecloth shoved down your shirt as a makeshift bib, knife and fork held upright and mouth open with anticipation.