Jesus Fucking Christ

Frankie Crisp

• Awards Moderator
Posted (edited)

A technologically inept mate asked me to sort out 2 tickets to see Stevie Nicks for him earlier, as a gift for one of his nieces.

Everyone knows gigs cost a fortune for top artists and yes, Stevie Nicks is brilliant, but fucking hell.

IMG_3849.jpeg

Edited by Frankie Crisp
Son Heung-min is a gobshite

• Paid Members

I know people mentioned it when Pearl Jam tickets went on sale but these 'legacy' acts charging extortionate prices has to hit a ceiling at some point. They're clearly working on the premise that their audience demographic will have the disposable income & are less likely to be going to lots of gigs so will justify it as a 'special night out' but it's still rotten. Previously the size of the venue would dictate the ticket price but this has seemingly switched to the audience the artist attracts. 

The 'dynamic' pricing model recently used by Green Day & Springsteen can fuck right off too. I've got tickets for Tool at the Manchester arena in June but after that I'm very tempted to just swerve these massive gigs altogether. 

I was pleasantly surprised that my Nick Cave ticket for November was only £70 for Standing. I say only because obviously that’s still a fair chunk of change, but I was expecting it to be much more with how things have been going post-Pandemic.

I would never break triple figures for any act though

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)
On 3/21/2024 at 6:22 PM, Frankie Crisp said:

A technologically inept mate asked me to sort out 12 tickets to see Stevie Nicks for him earlier, as a gift for one of his nieces.

Everyone knows gigs cost a fortune for top artists and yes, Stevie Nicks is brilliant, but fucking hell.

IMG_3849.jpeg

fixed it.

Edited by Jazzy G