Jesus Fucking Christ

Frankie Crisp

15 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

I've found decaf to be perfect for when I want a coffee but don't want to be bouncing off the walls all night. So for me that's any time after noon.

I am quite sensitive to caffeine so stick to decaf coffee in the afternoons too but I can't start the day without tea or coffee of the caffeinated variety. 

I also craved coffee (and Coca Cola) in my second pregnancy so decaf was a saviour.

I don’t understand people who feel better from going decaf. Instead of feeling awake sometimes, I’m always just a little bit tired, and the only time I feel like myself is on the odd occasion I treat myself to a caffeinated tea.

Genuinely have no idea why I’m bothering with decaf anymore, probably just stubbornness/habit. 

29 minutes ago, hallicks said:

I don’t understand people who feel better from going decaf. Instead of feeling awake sometimes, I’m always just a little bit tired, and the only time I feel like myself is on the odd occasion I treat myself to a caffeinated tea.

Genuinely have no idea why I’m bothering with decaf anymore, probably just stubbornness/habit. 

Well there you go :)

• Paid Members

I don’t have any vices except for caffeine, I would regularly have 7-8 cups of coffee in the office when I worked in an office. 

I did learn a lesson, though; one day I was totally knackered, and I had my usual coffee intake, a big monster drink, and two five hour energy shots. The crash was so severe that my boss shook me awake at my desk and sent me home. I ended up taking what would have been a very expensive cab ride at a point when I couldn’t afford that, but ended up in a cab sponsored by Dr Drew Pinsky for some reason, for free. I guess the big man* was watching over me that day.

*Dr Drew Pinsky.

• Paid Members

I would cut out beer before I cut out coffee, in a heartbeat, and cutting out beer isn't a decision I take lightly.

Last year I went a couple of months off the booze because I was on a lot of new medication, and undergoing a lot of tests on my heart. It was probably the longest I've been without drinking since I was 16, and, as with every time I've tried to seriously keep off the stuff, I just found myself resentful that I was still waking up feeling like shit in the morning anyway.

With coffee, though, I went the first couple of weeks of lockdown without it. I hardly ever drank it at home, because I'd go through a few mugs at work, and then my best mate ran a coffee shop, so I'd spend most of my free time at weekends there, and pop in a couple of evenings after work, so never really had the need to drink it much at home. As lockdown went on, though, I realised I was getting splitting headaches and generally feeling awful, and realised it was caffeine withdrawal. Never again.

For a while I tried to limit myself to 2-3 cups of coffee a day, though I'm probably up to around 4-5, especially if I'm in the office, where getting up to make a coffee is as good an excuse to get away from desk/tedious office conversations as anything else.

59 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

What the hell are you drinking, turmeric?

Caramel or Vanilla latte. 

My teeth stain easy, same with Red wine.   I brush and floss multiple times a day and they stay the same colour, i remove coffee for a few weeks and change nothing else and they start to get whiter …

It’s a shame as i had braces in my 20’s so my teeth are perfectly straight but now are slightly discoloured ️.

• Paid Members

It's usually sugar that stains teeth, rather than coffee, I found. As long as you're brushing your teeth regularly, it's no issue.

Only time I've ever really given up coffee was when I built up a caffeine tolerance, and tried to "normalise" in order to enable it to have an effect again when I got back on it. Not a fun time.

My bigger concern in recent years is my sugar intake - I am definitely sugar addicted, so I've been trying to switch to just having espressos with a little honey in, so that I can get my hit without too much sugar. 

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, Tamura said:

spacer.png

£6,354 for a table and chairs?! I suppose I should be grateful it's on sale for the "bargain" price of £2,495 instead. 

Sounds akin to a shop called 'BoConcept' that ran scandinavian-style furniture in the middle of decaying Bristol. At scandinavian prices. After two failed shops they finally took the hint and found people with actual money up the road.

2 hours ago, Carbomb said:

It's usually sugar that stains teeth, rather than coffee, I found. As long as you're brushing your teeth regularly, it's no issue.

Only time I've ever really given up coffee was when I built up a caffeine tolerance, and tried to "normalise" in order to enable it to have an effect again when I got back on it. Not a fun time.

My bigger concern in recent years is my sugar intake - I am definitely sugar addicted, so I've been trying to switch to just having espressos with a little honey in, so that I can get my hit without too much sugar. 

You sure that sugar stains Teeth ??

Rots them yes but i thought it was the literal colouring that stains them. Like black coffee with no sugar could stain teeth .

https://www.bupa.co.uk/newsroom/ourviews/teeth-staining-foods