Jesus Fucking Christ

Frankie Crisp

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Browser Brady said:

You sure that sugar stains Teeth ??

Rots them yes but i thought it was the literal colouring that stains them. Like black coffee with no sugar could stain teeth .

https://www.bupa.co.uk/newsroom/ourviews/teeth-staining-foods

I was always told that, but also because I've seen a lot of people who really like sweets and didn't clean their teeth as thoroughly have their teeth go yellow (before they rot, of course). I was one of them - before I liked coffee, my teeth started yellowing a bit, and my dentist told me I needed to be way more thorough than I was being, and needed to cut down on the sugar. 

I'd imagine the window between them going yellow and them rotting is probably not that wide, though.

As I understand it, all staining is due to enamel or the lack there of. So things like sugar and fizzy drink erode enamel, your teeth are then porous (some people's are more naturally porous than others) and then things like coffee can stain your teeth as the enamel (which is white) is no longer protecting them.

This is why things like whitening toothpastes are actually a false economy because they may make your teeth look whiter in the short term but they wear away at your enamel so in the long term will cause more discolouration.

Edited by deathrey

55 minutes ago, deathrey said:

As I understand it, all staining is due to enamel or the lack there of. So things like sugar and fizzy drink erode enamel, your teeth are then porous (some people's are more naturally porous than others) and then things like coffee can stain your teeth as the enamel (which is white) is no longer protecting them.

This is why things like whitening toothpastes are actually a false economy because they may make your teeth look whiter in the short term but they wear away at your enamel so in the long term will cause more discolouration.

That makes perfect sense as my teeth didn’t stain so easily before. 

Is there actually a way to restore enamel? I use Pro Enamel toothpaste but am not sure if it actually works..

2 hours ago, deathrey said:

And over-cleaning also reduces enamel. So if you're scrubbing your teeth 5 times a day, you're doing more harm than good long-term.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, Frankie Crisp said:

I was trying to do this and have my tea before the match, but I should have just waited until we're 0-1 down after 2 mins and done it at a sensible pace. Cheers for catching this one early!

IMG_1839.thumb.jpeg.c8b2ec05b63b968f6fc8605863d67b5e.jpeg

• Awards Moderator

Double post crank, but I’ve had two JFCs today.

1. I’ve been in this flat for two days and have already blocked the toilet twice

2. I’ve just recommended gingerbread-scented candles to three different human beings

I don’t know which is worse.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Frankie Crisp said:

1. I’ve been in this flat for two days and have already blocked the toilet twice

Feel for you here. Few things more heartbreaking than getting new digs and realising you've been lumbered with a duff khazi. And it's not even like you can inquire when you're viewing. Maybe Partridge got it right.