Jesus Fucking Christ

Frankie Crisp

• Awards Moderator

0B49F180-426B-4FE5-BCAF-45BB94E57E2E.gif.a971caa05b7199f37dace2e3a71e2c29.gif

Because the world is a burning pile of pubes - and to save me from dropping Jimmy into every thread - this is one to flag lunacy and frustration as and when it happens. 

Dickhead behaviour, nonsensical news stories, interactions you can’t handle, ridiculous experiences; they all count. If it makes you JFC, it’s in.

My latest one is trying to book a hotel in London for one night. One night. I want a bed and a good bathroom. This time last year, I was paying no more than ninety quid for a night.

My first search results today?

4C709C0A-07BB-441B-B73B-14E55D575BA1.thumb.jpeg.73f358e5fa8a71eb3b02b121650fd022.jpeg

One night! Jesus fucking Christ.

We could probably include the behaviour of a good chunk of the nation since The Queen snuffed it in this, but let’s start with a line in the sand.

If it makes you Jimmy, add it.

• Paid Members

@Frankie Crisp, what are you in London for (i.e. how central do you need to be)?  There are some cheap and cheerful hotels in Stratford as it’s within easy distance of the Olympic Park, the ExCeL and the O2.

This thread could be the death of me though as I fear once I start on “dickhead behaviour” I’m experiencing at the moment then I won’t be able to stop. I’m surrounded by pure imbeciles at the moment.

There's a pub called The Fountain on West Green Road, London, N15. It is also a...well, hotel might be stretch. But it's clean and is cheap. And it's near to Seven Sisters tube, Seven Sisters overground, Tottenham Hale tube and overground, not to mention a fuckton of bus options. You're really not far at all from Stratford there, with the transport links. I know the manager there, so if anyone ever decides to take a punt on it, let me know and I can get a discount for you. Hell, I'll even throw in the 69MeDon garauntee: you probably won't get stabbed.

• Paid Members

The #2 guy in my branch is experimenting on an asbestos survey where we download old site data outside of the re-inspection protocols, only he's noticed that there's data missing and expects US - the keyboard jockeys - to fill the gaps in for him, without quoting the old job number. He could have done that himself and taken live photographs of the items still in situ.

Besides being a cheap copout from a work standpoint it's a shit example to set to people below him.

Edited by seph

• Awards Moderator
13 hours ago, Monkee said:

@Frankie Crisp, what are you in London for (i.e. how central do you need to be)?  There are some cheap and cheerful hotels in Stratford as it’s within easy distance of the Olympic Park, the ExCeL and the O2.

Cheers Monks. I'm down for the match as usual (Croydon), but have a gig in North London after it so I was looking for somewhere central-ish. I stay near London Bridge usually when the footy is a weeknight/weird kick-off time, but even my usuals are hitting the £200 mark for this night. Thankfully I've got some mates who always offer me a bed after the match - because I'm down every fortnight I never take them up on IT as it'd be regular intrusion, but for this particular weekend I'm going to have to.

Thanks to you and others for the recommendations though.

• Awards Moderator
3 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

No interest in the football obvs, but Tasty Jerk just outside the grounds is awesome. Their pepper sauce is crazy spicy mind.

Oh yeah, they’ve been a matchday tradition for years. There and Morley’s make me feel like an adopted South Londoner.

• Awards Moderator
4 hours ago, Frankie Crisp said:

Cheers Monks. I'm down for the match as usual (Croydon), but have a gig in North London after it so I was looking for somewhere central-ish. I stay near London Bridge usually when the footy is a weeknight/weird kick-off time, but even my usuals are hitting the £200 mark for this night. Thankfully I've got some mates who always offer me a bed after the match - because I'm down every fortnight I never take them up on IT as it'd be regular intrusion, but for this particular weekend I'm going to have to.

Thanks to you and others for the recommendations though.

The Travelodge in Walthamstow is one of our go-tos - it’s normally pretty reasonable and right on the Victoria Line.