Jesus Fucking Christ

Frankie Crisp

It's been a fucking wank start to year and I received my grandfather's ashes this week.

My mum is still heavily grieving and today was the first time she'd been round since I got the ashes. She spent a little time to herself in the living room with them and then visibly upset came in to the kitchen, my wonderful brother's first words to her?

"Look like a bunch of porridge oats don't they?"

Not enough corkhill GIFs in the universe.

It has indeed been a shit year so far. I lost my uncle to cancer three weeks ago and got news yesterday that my cousin is in an induced coma as his brain tumour is giving him seizures. It doesn't look like he has long either. I dread it everytime the phone rings at the moment.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Rule One said:

"Look like a bunch of porridge oats don't they?"

Not enough corkhill GIFs in the universe.

There's a perfect Alan partridge one though. 

As a share if it's of interest there's a really good RHLSTP episode with Cariad Lloyd discussing grief and death, especially her around talking to people who are grieving. I've never listened to her show but I'm told it's very good too. 

• Awards Moderator
7 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

There's a perfect Alan partridge one though. 

As a share if it's of interest there's a really good RHLSTP episode with Cariad Lloyd discussing grief and death, especially her around talking to people who are grieving. I've never listened to her show but I'm told it's very good too. 

She’s just released a book on the subject too called You Are Not Alone which might be of interest too.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, deathrey said:

It has indeed been a shit year so far. I lost my uncle to cancer three weeks ago and got news yesterday that my cousin is in an induced coma as his brain tumour is giving him seizures. It doesn't look like he has long either. I dread it everytime the phone rings at the moment.

Really sorry to hear this. My condolences regarding your uncle, and I hope you and your family are holding up OK.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

That’s ‘Just Bring It’.

Don’t know if jazzy was trying to say the one with Fred Durst was also the one where bumps sound like a lorry crashing. Admittedly I did read it back a few times too.

• Awards Moderator
2 minutes ago, Your Fight Site said:

Don’t know if jazzy was trying to say the one with Fred Durst was also the one where bumps sound like a lorry crashing. Admittedly I did read it back a few times too.

Ah, that follows. That one did have weird sound effects if I remember correctly. Sorry if I misread @jazzygeofferz!