Jesus Fucking Christ

Frankie Crisp

• Paid Members

I found the ultimate unifier in the whole Devon/Cornwall jam before/after clotted cream debate: suggest to both parties that they just do a yin and yang design on the scone, jam on one half, cream on the other, a dot of each on the opposite. Perfect balance.

That way, both sides are unified in their hatred towards you for making the suggestion.

• Paid Members

I wrote my own social media nostalgia poem a while ago. Most will be too scared to share or repost it but like if u agree. 

We set off for school in the morning
We respected our teachers in class
Everyone these days is vegan
My lunch was a big bowl of glass
I don't like change or progress
I long for those rose-tinted days
Nowadays people get all offended
When we deny basic rights to the gays
The kids now all play on the Fortnites
We used to play down at the beach
If you disagree with my transphobia
You're attacking my freedom of speech
I didn't like that advert
Where the family had brown skin
When will white people get on the Telly?
So I feel like I can fit in?
My parents both beat me daily
It didn't do me any harm
I share credit for both World War Wins
Though I never took up arms

I'm nostalgic for a time

Which never really existed
Things were better whenever that was,

Now everything's PC and twisted

My opinions are all being censored 

An oppressed and unheard straight white bloke. 

If anyone questions my world view.

I let them all know they are woke. 

I wear my poppy with pride

I bet someone out there's offended

There's no evidence for this anywhere,

But this is the year Christmas ended

I read the Daily Mail

To keep me scared and angry
"Everyone's offended by everything!" I scream 

As I complain about the colour of that family.

I voted for Boris and Brexit

So desperate to leave the EU

At least I was for those few months,

When Nigel told lies on the news.

I don't know too much about Covid,

But it’s  definitely young people's fault.
They keep telling me I’m a gammon,

When I say immigration should halt.
Share if you agree with me

That things were better then.
I don't know when that was exactly

But we need to get back there again.

I stream on Twitch, and I'm used to the art scammers and shills messaging me during streams, but today I had one and it really got to me. I should preface this by saying although I'm a small-timer, I still paid for my emotes and artwork that I use for BRB and offline screens. And today, today I had some jerkoff selling AI generated art that he probably created on Bing message me on my Discord and say "Hey, I'm selling art and yours is kind of lacking." Fuck me running, if he'd have said that to my face, I'd have throat-punched the bastard.

• Paid Members

Four and a half minutes of flag shaggers talking absolute shit. The first woman is beyond parody, I thought it was a sketch from Stewart Lee’s Comedy Vehicle. One guy bascially references being arrested for saying you’re British. Jesus fucking Christ indeed. 

I know where I recognise some of them from.

Season 4 GIF by The Simpsons

The first woman, who says "This country is no longer equal to all" seems like the sort that if the follow up question was "So you're all for trans equality then?" would say "Ah, well, errrm, not that sort of equality".

They always crumble when asked "Can you give an example" too. There's two blokes at my work who, at the time of the last general election, were very similar, just regurgitating catchphrases and slogans with no real justification for what they were saying

Fuckwit 1: "I'm voting for Boris"

Me: "Why?"

Fuckwit 1: "Well he's getting Brexit done"

Me: "What does that mean?"

Fuckwit 1: "Errrrmmmmmm" 

Fuckwit 2: "I'm not voting for that Corbin, he's a Marxist"

Me: "What is a Marxist exactly?"

Fuckwit 2: "Well.....errm........you know, Marxism and that. You don't need me to tell you"

Yeah that was funny. "Ooooh see how you've sneakily thrown that in there!"

Although I do often find some of it funny with those vox pops, I do think it's just sometimes an opportunity to sneer and make fun (which is fine! There are some absolute morons about) and the interviewers know exactly what they are doing and that's from a company like Times Radio!

The Joe ones are the worst. They went to Workington recently and put out a clip with a caption that to me was really cynical when in fact this chap makes a very lucid, point.

I dunno, maybe that's more of an issue with how that's presented, and I'm in no way advocating the views in that Times clip as they're hilarious (THESE DAYS?????) it just feels a bit...wrong sometimes.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

The Joe ones are the worst. They went to Workington recently and put out a clip with a caption that to me was really cynical when in fact this chap makes a very lucid, point.

I hate that sneering shit. It reeks of middle class left wingers looking down on people who have largely been on the blunt end of austerity & simply dismissing their frustrations. When people look back and study why the 'red wall' fell this will be a factor for sure. 

9 minutes ago, Dead Mike said:

I hate that sneering shit. It reeks of middle class left wingers looking down on people who have largely been on the blunt end of austerity & simply dismissing their frustrations. When people look back and study why the 'red wall' fell this will be a factor for sure. 

Correct, and in that example, a simple case that the chap in question, as with a large amount of people, don't realise that there are zero legal routes into the country, so people have to risk the boats.