The Queen Is Dead, Long Live The King

Loki

2 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Pathetic. Go to work, go to school, but don't actually go to or do anything that might make you happy. "MOURN YOU PLEBS!!!" basically. 

Such a British philosophy. 

It’s to keep the working class in their place. Forelock tugging servile pricks are the British. 

Do I hate the monarchy as an institution? Yes. But do I hate them as individual people with their own families, lives, and turmoil like everyone else? Also yes. 

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, gaz2050 said:

The thing I find most bizarre on a wrestling forum is how some people can't understand that you may feel a personal connection to someone you've never met, and may be genuinely upset by their death.

This may be the most common sense I've read on the subject all day.

I'm still looking on the bright side and look forward to new pieces for my stamp and coin collections.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

Pathetic. Go to work, go to school, but don't actually go to or do anything that might make you happy. "MOURN YOU PLEBS!!!" basically. 

My cousins are flying into London today as we had tickets for the West Ham game. That's the flight and hotel they have lost out on as no refunds issued. They were the Queen's team, they should have played PLAYED (plaid) in tribute.  

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

8 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

My cousins are flying into London today as we had tickets for the West Ham game. That's the flight and hotel they have lost out on as no refunds issued. They were the Queens team, they should have plaid in tribute.  

Send them to Buck Palace instead to pay their regards. 

11 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

They were the Queens team, they should have plaid in tribute.  

She was an Arsenal fan

Anyway its all nonsense and bollocks. As people have said about people flying over, you also have the fact that casual workers will now probably have to wait till October for the next game and next pay packet.

Edited by Factotum

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, air_raid said:

This has taken a very odd turn. Heartbroken is a bit strong, I have no idea what Popbitch is, and I can assure you my fee is the same it's always been.

Not sure about the other messages, but I was very much taking the piss for the spoilers thing!

2 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

This is fucking bullshit. Grassroots football cancelled. Why? Are kids supposed to sit inside and mourn for 4 days?