The Queen Is Dead, Long Live The King

Loki

26 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

A true inspiration in these trying times. Carrying the load all on his own. must have given the 40 odd staff some time off and bought them PlayStations . What a guy

They said he was a "true inspiration," not a "man among men", Keith. 

45 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

A true inspiration in these trying times. Carrying the load all on his own. must have given the 40 odd staff some time off and bought them PlayStations . What a guy

This is one of the rare examples of when I sort of feel a bit sorry for him.

There is nearly 0% chance he is going around thinking he is an inspiration, but because some loon on Twitter posts that, we all immediately shit on him, as that sentiment gets sort of passed on to him as his own feelings/thoughts, and it becomes almost what we think William is thinking.

I'm as guilty of it as the rest of us, but it is interesting. 

Maybe he does think he's an inspiration who knows and I don't know what he's like, but I can say that if Kate wanted to peg me REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED and she was out of commission for a while I'd be annoyed too.

3 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

This is one of the rare examples of when I sort of feel a bit sorry for him.

Oh absolutely, it’s total shite for him. One of the first things that always pops into my mind when I hear his and his brothers name mentioned is how a couple of days after their mum died, these boys were out there thanking well wishers for their condolences when they themselves must have been going through sheer hell. 

2 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Oh absolutely, it’s total shite for him. One of the first things that always pops into my mind when I hear his and his brothers name mentioned is how a couple of days after their mum died, these boys were out there thanking well wishers for their condolences when they themselves must have been going through sheer hell. 

One of the things the recent series of The Crown did was highlight really well, the "Willsmania" time period, where everyone went absolutely mental over him, a teenage boy.

Not to turn this into The Crown thread, but there's a really poignant scene where he returns to school and goes through sack after sack of condolences letters from all around the world, and you sort of get how shit and comforting that must've been at the same time.

Just now, SuperBacon said:

One of the things the recent series of The Crown did was highlight really well, the "Willsmania" time period, where everyone went absolutely mental over him, a teenage boy.

Not to turn this into The Crown thread, but there's a really poignant scene where he returns to school and goes through sack after sack of condolences letters from all around the world, and you sort of get how shit and comforting that must've been at the same time.

We can’t lose sight that, despite whatever he has been through, he’s a Villa fan so deserves contempt.