The Queen Is Dead, Long Live The King

Loki

3 hours ago, Merzbow said:

This ain't going down well, they bottled it.

Not sure there was a spin the union could put on it where they didn’t look like cunts striking when the bird whose head is on the stamps carked it. Most unfortunate timing really but perception is everything.

Day's like today are very handy for identifying who out of your casual and work friends are normal people or not based on whether or not they put a social media post thanking a woman they've never for "all she's done" for them and/or "the country" without being able to give a single example of what exactly that was.

Already pretty sick of it being everywhere. I turned on Sky earlier and saw my entire planner was a garish purple tribute to her.

I went out for food and on the radio the presenter sent his well wishes to the royals, who almost certainly would have listening to Absolute Rock at the time, before then playing that Coldplay "nooobooodddyyy sssaaaaiiidddd iitttt wassss eaaaassssyyy," song.

It genuinely felt like a comedy sketch poking fun at how mental britain is.

I appreciate that she's someone's mum, sister, gran etc. but she's also had 96 years of obscene luxury whilst she sat back and did fuck all as children in "her country" went to bed hungry mongst many other terrible things. 

There's probably a lot of nice people who died alone today without fanfare that didn't spend £12m of tax payers money to prevent their son being held accountable for his alleged noncery too.

Edited by Jonny Vegas

• Paid Members

All the kids dropping whatever or whoever they were doing to attend was obviously all most of us needed to ascertain she was gone or on the way, but Nicholas Witchell totally ruined it on the 6 o’clock news. Describing the faces of the royals in the cars as “sombre” repeatedly, imploring people to “draw (their) own conclusions” but the he wasn’t going to invite any, and describing a scene where some people had already been coming out of the Balmoral gates “having already heard the news” …. what news mate? I don’t think we need to wait for an official statement now do we?

He’d be shit for avoiding spoilers in the wrestling.

”The WWF title match HAS indeed finished in Saskatoon. In lieu of an official statement, and we don’t wish you to draw conclusions that may be unfounded, there was a winner, and it was with the Sharpshooter.”

Edited by air_raid

34 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Only on a wrestling forum will you find somebody complaining about spoilers regarding the queen's passing!

He was only saying what everyone else was thinking, he looked utterly heartbroken.

9 hours ago, Jonny Vegas said:

Day's like today are very handy for identifying who out of your casual and work friends are normal people or not based on whether or not they put a social media post thanking a woman they've never for "all she's done" for them and/or "the country" without being able to give a single example of what exactly that was.

I appreciate that she's someone's mum, sister, gran etc. but she's also had 96 years of obscene luxury whilst she sat back and did fuck all as children in "her country" went to bed hungry mongst many other terrible things. 

There's probably a lot of nice people who died alone today without fanfare that didn't spend £12m of tax payers money to prevent their son being held accountable for his alleged noncery too.

I couldn't understand how to multi-quote so I have chopped a bit of your post, hopefully it won't lose any context in this reply.

This post has really irked me since last night. To separate your friends as 'normal' or not based on their grief is really strange. I don't understand why you'd want to compartmentalise your friends based on their own grief, I mean are you going to treat the differently now you know? Whether you like it or not, the UK is a monarchy and the Queen was a huge part of people's lives. She's been a constant in people's lives, and it does undoubtedly feel very strange.

As for the bottom 2 points, you understand that the government is in charge of the country, yes it is HM Government, but the ruler is only really ceremonial now. She can't really do too much.

Has it been proven anywhere that the Queen paid £12m of taxpayer money to stop him being held accountable? I'm not talking about using their retainer or whatever it is, like actual proof that they've had this extra money out of the taxpayer? She couldn't really do too much more that she did with the nonce, she told him to go away and not be seen in public and not carry out public engagements, no parent will ever set their child truly aside and to think she won't stand behind him is shortsighted.

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, stewdogg said:

He was only saying what She couldn't really do too much more that she did with the nonce, she told him to go away and not be seen in public and not carry out public engagements, no parent will ever set their child truly aside and to think she won't stand behind him is shortsighted.

That’s absolutely not true. Happens all the time.

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members

Anyone have any idea what will happen with the European football? Fully suspect all domestic matches will be off this weekend and likely next weekend too. Not sure how Celtic will be able to look Shakhtar Donetsk in the eye if we're not allowed to play because the Queen died when, in the meantime, the opposition are playing on whilst their country is being invaded and their families and friends are literally fighting a war. Would be quite funny if the only team playing a fixture in Scotland during the official mourning perod was Rangers though. 

Saw that even the live text on the BBC website for Hearts - Istanbul Basaksehir was cancelled for the second half yesterday as a mark of respect - which seemed a tad unnecessary, not sure Charles was tuning in. 

Edited by SpiritOfTheForest

• Paid Members
29 minutes ago, 69MeDon said:

I just don't get all this "she did her duty, we should be thankful of all that she did for us!" What? What the fuck was she going to do? Quit and go work down a mine?

She literally became Queen because her uncle decided he'd rather shag an American divorcee, hang round with the Nazis, then go live in the Bahamas.

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, 69MeDon said:

I just don't get all this "she did her duty, we should be thankful of all that she did for us!" What? What the fuck was she going to do? Quit and go work down a mine?

Probably just a touch of gratitude given that as a child she thought "my uncle will be King" and she'd be allowed to live a comparatively normal (if privileged) life, only to be suddenly told at 10 years old "Forget what you think or know ; you'll be Queen one day" and then at 25 "your dad's gone, you're Queen." Bit daunting.

And yes, she could have quit. Abdication is a thing. It's not especially common or popular, pretty much every one in the history of Britain has been caused by war/revolt with the exception of Liz 2's uncle, but she had it in her power to walk away. She didn't, so its not surprising they're trumpeting "duty."

She put the establishment before her own kin plenty of times, shame she wasn't born a Tully. Family, duty, honour.... family comes first.

• Paid Members
48 minutes ago, stewdogg said:

He was only saying what everyone else was thinking, he looked utterly heartbroken.

if Popbitch is anything to go by, he was raking it in after hiking his appearance fee up by an additional £300, so there's some comfort there.

47 minutes ago, stewdogg said:

no parent will ever set their child truly aside

Well, apart from dear old Queenie's aunt and uncle, who declared their disabled children dead when they put them in a home, and who never received a Christmas card, birthday card, or a single penny from the same family that was prepared to pay out millions to cover up Andrew's noncing. 

Edited by BomberPat

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, PunkStep said:

Only on a wrestling forum will you find somebody complaining about spoilers regarding the queen's passing!

51 minutes ago, stewdogg said:

4 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

if Popbitch is anything to go by, he was raking it in after hiking his appearance fee up by an additional £300, so there's some comfort there.

This has taken a very odd turn. Heartbroken is a bit strong, I have no idea what Popbitch is, and I can assure you my fee is the same it's always been.