The Queen Is Dead, Long Live The King

Loki

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

RMT have called off 15th and 17th strikes too.  I'd say it's quite savvy given the general level of support the strikes have had up until now.

-----

I get it. Crowds will form as with Diana, and public sentiment could quickly turn against them if people can't get into London. Fight that battle another day.

There's a legitimate debate on the role and need of a monarchy going forward, but tonight I'm choosing to raise a glass to the old girl. You've got to respect the longevity, if nothing else.

46 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

RMT have called off 15th and 17th strikes too.  I'd say it's quite savvy given the general level of support the strikes have had up until now.

-----

Someone's compiled a fine list of ghoulish corporate grief tweets.

This is the most mental one. I'm not sure what on earth it is. I assume they just wanted to include any British sportsman they could think of. It was an american sports site.spacer.png

2 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

I bet the newsreaders hate shit like this. Its the same as when they're waiting for a baby to be born or Boris to make some announcement. Here's a door. Here's the door still. This is a door. The door is here. What a nice door. Here's a speculative statement. Here's the same statement 100 times. By the time they get to actual news you can tell they just want to go home.

And yet they persist. She's dead. She died. She's still dead. Like do they really need to cancel shows? Here's the opinion of someone no one cares about. And another. Until they run out and start interviewing randoms outside Buckingham Palace who used a stamp once.

Yet the Doris on ITV managed to bollocks it up by saying 'The Palace has released a statement....but I can't seem to find it here but to confirm that the Queen has died'.