I think Vince and Johnny Ace might be problematic, lads.

IANdrewDiceClay

They should retool it and do a proper exposé.

More and more, this feels like it might actually, finally be the end of the road for Vince.  If WWE is to survive him, he either needs to step away now and let his daughter properly take over, or sell the whole thing to Disney.

He’s the majority shareholder so I can’t see him being forced out.  So I guess it depends on how much he’s prepared to burn it all down on the way out.

NBCUniversal seems the most obvious choice if they were to sell up to a corporation. With Peacock, their domestic and international channels they obviously see a value in it.

The problem for right now is that Vince (and further by his family) have the controlling interest and don't have to sell if they don't want to. No one can force him to sell. Everything we've seen about Vince is that he'll try and ride this out. As none of these instances look like they'll turn into criminal convictions, chances are he'll be around until he's dead.

So you’re saying that WWE would fit perfectly with their key demographic?

Yeah, can’t imagine why they’d be interested, it’s not like they’ve just started a streaming service that needs content.

2 hours ago, Loki said:

So you’re saying that WWE would fit perfectly with their key demographic?

No, I’m saying they already have that demographic cornered and wouldn’t need to waste money on a sleazy business that is generally considered beneath most forms of entertainment to sew up an audience they already have captive.

26 minutes ago, Daaaaaad! said:

No, I’m saying they already have that demographic cornered and wouldn’t need to waste money on a sleazy business that is generally considered beneath most forms of entertainment to sew up an audience they already have captive.

To me thst sounds like perfect content to stop current subscribers leaving or make them month to month rather than subscribers for 3 to 6 months of the year. 

WWE sold the domestic (US) rights to the Network to Peacock on a 5 year deal that's not going to lapse until 2026. Don't see Disney rushing for content that's not actually going to be there for several years.

Disney are going to have bigger investments ahead integrating ESPN+ and Hulu.

• Paid Members

Having the WWE Network available makes it easy to stop subscribing. By selling it to a service like NBC/Universal’s Peacock or Disney+ means if you’re a subscriber to those services you will be contributing to them still. If I want those services for other content I won’t be able to cancel and will, albeit in a small way, still financially be supporting them. So I’d rather it all moved over to WWE Network so I could continue to avoid it. 

• Paid Members

I can definitely understand that audience being worth the hook. You might be on the verge of unsubscribing when you’re about to finish watching all the episodes of Gummi Bears, then think “Fuck it, I’ll leave it, Survivor Series is coming up.”

On second thoughts, bad example. Survivors is a total one month piss break.

55 minutes ago, air_raid said:

I can definitely understand that audience being worth the hook. You might be on the verge of unsubscribing when you’re about to finish watching all the episodes of Gummi Bears, then think “Fuck it, I’ll leave it, Survivor Series is coming up.”

On second thoughts, bad example. Survivors is a total one month piss break.

But it's champion vs champion!

The biggest and bestest match that has never ever happened before and will change everything in the WWE.

Hang your head in shame.