I think Vince and Johnny Ace might be problematic, lads.

IANdrewDiceClay

1 minute ago, Nick James said:

Kevin Dunn must be shitting himself right now. Not expecting major changes, but the fact that Vince is gone, is huge. It does make you wonder what is due to come out if he's retired by fucking Twitter. 

On a Friday evening when the hope is the journos are in the pub for the weekend and less likely to try and find out what’s happened.

3 minutes ago, Nick James said:

Kevin Dunn must be shitting himself right now. Not expecting major changes, but the fact that Vince is gone, is huge. It does make you wonder what is due to come out if he's retired by fucking Twitter. 

Probably did it to drum up an extra ratings boost for Smackdown tonight where he does the proper speech. Or...

Mark-Henry-salmon-suit.jpg.optimal.jpg

6 minutes ago, LCJ said:

Vince should’ve gone years ago. He used to be brilliant. Not anymore. Wise decision.

Even when he was brilliant, the rancid old cunt should’ve gone years ago to prison, where he’d still be there now. 

Something's coming, for sure. He may be a primeval, creatively atrophied weirdo to us but by all accounts WWE's big investors still see him as the anchor that connects their world to his. So this is a massive move for them. 

What a damnable fizzle out it's all been, though. It's not what's important, I know, but as a wrestling fan I've always tried to imagine loads in the past how or when Vince would either step down or croak it. How it would be the biggest story since Montreal and Benoit. And it's a wet fart of a tweet on a Friday evening after weeks of more cold buckets of water thrown over your own fandom growing up, because the feds are most likely about to kick the fucker's door in. 

It would bring me immense satisfaction to learn that Triple H leaked all these stories and got the old man neutered.

Say what you want about him as a performer, the fact that when he got binned off pretty much every one of the current generation of talent spoke so highly of him suggests he’s an alright egg. Even those chewed up and spat out by the system seemed to say how great he was.

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

On a Friday evening when the hope is the journos are in the pub for the weekend and less likely to try and find out what’s happened.

Start of comic con weekend where a massive overlap of his target audience and media will be spamming updates from that. Great time to attempt to bury bad news. The old ghoul is going to get accused of something horrendous

Full statement from WWE corporate.

STAMFORD, Conn., July 22, 2022 – Vince McMahon today released the following statement:

“As I approach 77 years old, I feel it’s time for me to retire as Chairman and CEO of WWE. Throughout the years, it’s been a privilege to help WWE bring you joy, inspire you, thrill you, surprise you, and always entertain you. I would like to thank my family for mightily contributing to our success, and I would also like to thank all of our past and present Superstars and employees for their dedication and passion for our brand. Most importantly, I would like to thank our fans for allowing us into your homes every week and being your choice of entertainment. I hold the deepest appreciation and admiration for our generations of fans all over the world who have liked, currently like, and sometimes even love our form of Sports Entertainment.

“Our global audience can take comfort in knowing WWE will continue to entertain you with the same fervor, dedication, and passion as always. I am extremely confident in the continued success of WWE, and I leave our company in the capable hands of an extraordinary group of Superstars, employees, and executives – in particular, both Chairwoman and Co-CEO Stephanie McMahon and Co-CEO Nick Khan. As the majority shareholder, I will continue to support WWE in any way I can. My personal thanks to our community and business partners, shareholders, and Board of Directors for their guidance and support through the years. Then. Now. Forever. Together.”

He's done it! 

Triple H gets his old job back only to be pipped to his destiny at the last second. 

This business. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK