The 2022 strip out Triple H's vision thread

garynysmon

3 minutes ago, Tamura said:

Considering the millions (and milllions) of dollars WWE has to play with, if they can't find a couple of hundred grand a year to pay Regal to do something they are complete idiots. Fair enough to a changing of the guard in NXT if it's not delivering the desired end product(s), but I think it's universally agreed that Regal, in whatever capacity you employ him in, has plenty to offer any wrestling promotion even if he can't wrestle any more.

Yeah, sure, but he’s famously a Triple H guy right? I’m fairly sure they’ve been close friends for a long time.

And, for whatever reason, it feels like they’re ripping out any connection to Triple H.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Yeah, sure, but he’s famously a Triple H guy right?

I believe so. I'm sure I read HHH loved working with, and was happy to put over, Regal and Benoit because it was an easy night, they made him look amazing but were never a threat to his spot.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Tommy! said:

I believe so. I'm sure I read HHH loved working with, and was happy to put over, Regal and Benoit because it was an easy night, they made him look amazing but were never a threat to his spot.

Regal and Triple H go back to WCW together too - they were the original plan for the Blue Bloods tag team, though I don't think they actually tagged more than a handful of times, but they were friends there, and Regal apparently encouraged Triple H to sign with the WWF in the first place even if it was at the expense of their tag team. 

You'd think Regal's time with the promotion, and his legacy in general, would amount to something more than "a Triple H guy", though. Even if you don't want him talent scouting and training, they're using Abyss, Petey Williams and Kenny Dykstra as producers, but can't find a spot for Regal? Can't have him agenting, announcing, even just doing whatever the hell they keep Booker T around for?

Edited by BomberPat

3 hours ago, Love-Wilcox said:

To be fair to NXT, it did give us Charlotte, Sasha, Becky, Bayley and more recently Bianca. Perhaps instead of being obsessed with finding the next John Cena, they could've put more focus on finding the first 'Joan Cena'.

Weren't they mainly developed by Dusty though (excluding Bianca obviously)? Pretty sure Sasha Banks has spoken about how much he helped her career. Plus its not like they haven't tried. Charlotte and Becky headlined Mania, Becky submitted Ronda, people are constantly sulking about Charlotte being pushed too much. 

• Paid Members

I wonder whether he'd go back to being Lord Stephen Regal and carry on being the English gentleman he was in WWE or be a bit more rugged and call himself Steve Regal? 

They had a lot of men's men in the WWF towards the end of the 90s.

• Awards Moderator
2 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I wonder whether he'd go back to being Lord Stephen Regal and carry on being the English gentleman he was in WWE or be a bit more rugged and call himself Steve Regal? 

They had a lot of men's men in the WWF towards the end of the 90s.

Only one real one, though.