The 2022 strip out Triple H's vision thread

garynysmon

• Paid Members

https://411mania.com/wrestling/backstage-update-wwe-nxt-2-0-creative-team-head-bruce-prichard/

Additional details on the NXT hatchetjob have been posted on 411.Ā 

I guess most of it has been covered in terms of the lack of autonomy, a RAW/Smackdown writer now in charge with supervision from Bruce Pritchard.

I really do wonder what's happened behind the scenes for this to be the result of 6 years of work for HHH. Most of his team released, most of 'his' wrestlers have been released and the obvious RAW-lite presentation and match lengths of the new NXT must be hard to swallow.

It would be very interesting to see HHH turn up somewhere else in theĀ  world in some capacity. As stale as the gold and black had gotten, the first few years under HHH were phenomenal and had that AEW, unpredictable, simple yet effective storylines. Could he do.ot again elsewhere?

WALTER's new name is Gunther Stark.

WWE recently trademarked the name ā€œGunther Stark.ā€ A quick Google search shows that there was a Gunther Stark who severed as a Nazi Germany military commander during World War II.Ā 

https://uboat.net/men/commanders/1212.html

FFS WWE šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø

Edited by Version1.0

• Paid Members

sounds like on the show itself he was just "Gunther", so hopefully they've dropped the worst of it, but he needs to get out of there ASAP if he wants to retain any credibility whatsoever. I don't see what place there is for WALTER in colourful NXT 2.0.

The name thing is stupid anyway - it's like Doudrop; I know nobody watches NXT UK, but you'd think there would be theĀ tiniestĀ bit of joined up thinking in the company that actually owns it, to create continuity between their own brands. In kayfabe, what's WALTER's justification for changing his nameĀ now?

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I'll bet they dropped the Stark part because of Iron Man rather than any nazi connotations...

They have a wrestler on NXT called Zoey Stark. She was womenā€™s tag champ. If anything itā€™s probably more to do with someone else already having that last name than Iron Man.Ā 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I'll bet they dropped the Stark part because of Iron Man rather than any nazi connotations...

Could be MCU, could be Thrones, or rather than to do with another IP it could just be the company having a bizarre obsession with some talents not having a first or last name. The lack of consistency is bafflingā€¦ why Rusev, Neville, Cesaro and Riddle had to lose their first names and why Big E had to lose his last name but Aleister Black, Keith Lee and others stayed intactā€¦. why????

Id have pissed myself at ā€œRandy Orton vs Keith.ā€

• Paid Members

The interesting thing is, itā€™s not even particularly the recent development people think it is. When Luna returned to WWF TV in 99 she mysteriously was no longer a Vachon.

1 hour ago, Version1.0 said:

WWE recently trademarked the name ā€œGunther Stark.ā€ A quick Google search shows that there was a Gunther Stark who severed as a Nazi Germany military commander during World War II.Ā 

If you look at the naming wrestlers after Nazi war criminals on the January 18 event on USA Network, it quickly becomes clear that these are very different businesses.

Ā 

Edited by Tsurutagun

1 hour ago, Version1.0 said:

Thatā€™ll be Marcel Barthel renamed Adolf next week and Fabian Aichner can be Benito as heā€™s Italian.Ā