AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

4 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

I just can't get away with Dynamite lately. They've shown their hand with the jokers and surprises so many times now that people like Johnny Nitro and Maki Itoh get groans rather than pops from me. The Owen Tournament gets worse as it goes on but it takes up nearly all the show.

I felt similarly. I hope that "Johnny Elite" was a one time thing. They don't need him, and I don't want to see any more of him. It would have made more sense to announce Maki Itoh as a competitor rather than as the joker. It felt a bit pointless using her in that role, and it didn't gain much of a reaction from the crowd. 

8 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

Hangman's match was really good, and Konosuke Takeshita really impressed me. This match should have been the main event though, why it was so far down the card I have no idea.

I was fine with its positioning, given that Takeshita is relatively unknown. I've been really impressed with him, though, and I hope he sticks around. 

9 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

Wardlow's segment was mostly on the right track but I don't know why they had him finally show pain on the 9th whip. Just have him show no pain for 10 then low blow him.

I honestly think that was a bad call from the announcers, and his reaction was towards MJF being mouthy, rather than at the belt shot. 

10 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

I'm hoping once Double or Nothing is finished we finish this current cycle because nearly everyone who is constantly on the shows for the last few month are all the people I don't want to watch. Swerve, The Hardys, Undisputed Elite, Keith Lee. Sack the lot of them.

Yeah, I feel similarly, although I'm OK with more Swerve appearances going forward; I think he has a lot of potential. Outside of MJF/Wardlow and, to a lesser extent, Hangman/Punk, AEW doesn't feel like a hot product right now, which is a shame, as it certainly was in the run-up to the last PPV. 

They need a pretty major reset after Double or Nothing, and less in the way of multi-person feuds. 

They also need to give Serena Deeb a manager, or just stop giving her a live mic. She's an excellent wrestler, but my goodness, her in ring promos are horrendous. The only act really clicking in the Women's Division right now is Jade Cargill. They should just go ahead and give her both title belts, she feels like a far bigger deal than anyone else in the Division, and than most of the male wrestlers too. 

• Paid Members

I enjoyed a Kyle O'Reily match (hos stupid bouncing through the rope spots aside).

I can't get onboard with the Swerve/Lee talk here. I think they are working really well as a tag team at the moment. The JAS/BCC+ Friends segment was good, not great. Glad it isn't going to be a stadium match as although I enjoyed them, I think it will work better with a live crowd to just have the match in the arena.

Johnny Elite looked like he had his bell rung, he was missing spots all over the place. Bad debut. The womans match was good, but the result never seemed in doubt. Takeshita looked impressive, hope he sticks around, and Maki too. I like her.

Wardlow looked great again, cannot wait for the match with MJF. 

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

They need a pretty major reset after Double or Nothing, and less in the way of multi-person feuds. 

They also need to give Serena Deeb a manager, or just stop giving her a live mic. She's an excellent wrestler, but my goodness, her in ring promos are horrendous. The only act really clicking in the Women's Division right now is Jade Cargill. They should just go ahead and give her both title belts, she feels like a far bigger deal than anyone else in the Division, and than most of the male wrestlers too. 

One of the big selling points of the Attitude Era was the amount of multi-person feuds but for some reason AEW very rarely know how to stick it and right now they're completely overdoing it. Aside from Hangman vs Punk, MJF vs Wardlow and Deeb vs Rosa I can't name you any other singles feuds off the top of my head. It's all teams or shot together groups co-existing.

Serena Deeb I don't mind on the mic but her competition isn't exactly strong. Not knowing any Texas sports teams for cheap heat so just saying "all your sports teams" was pretty funny.

Edited by FelatioLips

6 minutes ago, Big'Olympic_Hero'Pete said:

The women's joker would have been huge if someone like Sasha Banks walked through the tunnel....

And what? There was more chance of Judy Martin walking out there than Sasha Banks. A pointless criticism because it was impossible. 

I think they definitely intended to have Wardlow show a little grimace - I think it was a nice touch, actually. Just enough to make him mad and get the crowd cheering for him. It's notable that it was after that moment where the big chant started (almost like 'come on mate, just one more.'). I think they're treading the line nicely at the minute, you have to keep him human.

He's a tough bastard, but he's still human. That's the sweet spot I think.

MJF/Wardlow is holding the company on its back at the minute. Punk/Page isn't bad, they're just not doing much.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

‘Wild Card Wednesday’, the Draft Kings branding - shouldn’t they be doing this next week when they’re in Las Vegas? The writing does itself.

Johnny Elite is such a shit name. Disappointing outing for both men in the opener.

Excalibur referencing Takeshita’s debut against El Generico finally triggered where I knew he from. It was on a DDT show with a much lauded Omega v Ibushi match. He’s improved a lot since then.

Great segment with the lashes, but MJF’s Ronseal hands looked ridiculous 

Maki Itoh - I didn’t get it last time so I probably won’t get it this time, but at least it was someone they’ve used before rather than just bringing another NXT cast-off

With them planting the seed of Joe having an injured arm heading into his semi final and Excalibur screaming “it could be Undisputed Elite vs Undisputed Elite!”, they’re clearly angling towards an O’Reily/Cole Final. Great, just in case you didn’t get sick of it elsewhere you get to see it all over again.

Schiavone with the classic Nitro “we’re out of time!”, good stuff

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

FTFG4U5WIAA7epG?format=jpg&name=medium

You do stuff like this so often that at this point, I'm beginning to think this is a weird gimmick.

2 hours ago, Nick James said:

Even the Twitter admin was expecting someone else.

Screenshot_20220519-063332_Twitter.jpg