AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

Aew could do with a few of the established guys going away for a bit to give time for those marked down above to breathe a bit. Jericho hasn’t done any of his sabbaticals That kept him fresh, and a few guys going off to do G1 is a good reason to have them off tv for a while. It’s a bit late now but Sammy going to do that would have been perfect timing as is overexposed being on tv every week for his ability level 

I absolutely love Mark Sterling. Part of it is nostalgia for a gimmick manager and part because its basically Lionel Hutz and I get a funny kick out of that. 

He does another one of his adds on the latest BTE for the black shirt security guards anti Wardlow trust policy. Brilliant little character, exactly who MJF's lawyer would be. 

• Paid Members

Christ almighty. Get the music licence and then get the belt on him by year’s end.

I’m super intrigued by what they do on Wednesday with the ten lashes. Cody proved you can milk an insane amount of drama out of it, but fuck, imagine if Wardlow just takes all ten and doesn’t even flinch? Just stares  down Max the whole time? Occasionally raises an eyebrow?

2C732CBE-0B81-430B-8A4D-1646A756482F.jpeg.8820142d651dbf37f059a0f36aa015ea.jpeg

Edited by Supremo

It's crazy to think that when AEW started and everyone was excited about Omega, Bucks etc and how indy alternative it could be, and yet here we are with this man who is everything Ryback wishes he could be. What a fucking guy.

And that's not to shit on Omega et al. The best thing about AEW is that they've managed to captivate an audience with a ridiculous range of talent.

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I’m super intrigued by what they do on Wednesday with the ten lashes. Cody proved you can milk an insane amount of drama out of it, but fuck, imagine if Wardlow just takes all ten and doesn’t even flinch? Just stares  down Max the whole time? Occasionally raises an eyebrow?

Wardlow takes all ten, then asks MJF for an 11th just to show how fucking hard he is.

Agree with other comments on the AEW mid card singles scene being a bit weak at the moment. There's a lot of focus on the new NXT twats who are being regularly brought in but fuck me, most the AEW homegrown guys have way more to offer than all of them in my opinion. Throw the Undisputed in the bin and push Team Taz to the moon for God's sake.

Additionally, as much as AEW presents itself as a wrestling company they are actually way better at the sports entertainment and angles/promo side and most weeks it's that over the top stuff that gets the biggest crowd reactions and gets people really invested. It also doesn't help that most the matches are established star vs middle/lower card guy so the result is never in doubt and the match feels a bit pointless. The roster is deep enough to book more even levelled matches for sure.

But really I'd be happy if they just told Adam Cole to fuck off. I don't understand the logic of booking the guy who headlined the show you utterly spanked in the ratings and destroyed as a top act in your promotion.

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Christ almighty. Get the music licence and then get the belt on him by year’s end.

Oooof, that was fantastic! Strike while the iron is hot I say. Get that belt on MJF pronto, then have Wardlow be the thorn in his side, this should be a title feud with Wardlow coming out on top. 

Still amazes me that Wardlow has been around for about 15 years and this is his first shot, madness. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Supremo said:

I definitely think this is how it's going to go. MJF getting increasingly irate with each whip as Wardlow just smirks his way through it.

• Paid Members

I just can't get away with Dynamite lately. They've shown their hand with the jokers and surprises so many times now that people like Johnny Nitro and Maki Itoh get groans rather than pops from me. The Owen Tournament gets worse as it goes on but it takes up nearly all the show.

Hangman's match was really good, and Konosuke Takeshita really impressed me. This match should have been the main event though, why it was so far down the card I have no idea.

Wardlow's segment was mostly on the right track but I don't know why they had him finally show pain on the 9th whip. Just have him show no pain for 10 then low blow him.

I'm hoping once Double or Nothing is finished we finish this current cycle because nearly everyone who is constantly on the shows for the last few month are all the people I don't want to watch. Swerve, The Hardys, Undisputed Elite, Keith Lee. Sack the lot of them.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

You'll be out of luck then i'd have thought as after the Owen for Cole and Bucks/Hardys it's bound to be the return of Kenny or Forbidden Door that will keep Cole/ReDragon on everyone's screens for months.

That’s better though isn’t it because if the undisputed elite are in-fighting it means they’re not individually spread all over the show like they are now. Less for me to fast forward.