AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

29 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Maki Itoh is a lot of fun, but is very much "do your spots and then get out of the ring" in terms of what she brings to the match. I do wonder how she'd manage in a match against Serena Deeb, SHIDA or some of the more experienced members of the roster. 

From memory her match with Riho on the first Elevation was pretty decent though nothing spectacular.

• Paid Members

Was it decent, or did it seem better because the other matches on the card were awful? 

40 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Gutted they didn't call him Johnny Dynamite, Explosion, Dark or Elevation.

You never know if he hangs around for a few more appearances.

In CGW he's in his two appearances so far he went by John Hennigan then Johnny Caballero and for his next show it's Johnny Game Changer.

I'd be happy enough for him to turn up and take losses until he runs out of AEW related names.

1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Danielson's leg or Punk's t-shirt. John Morrison is money apparently!

I bet Little Tone wouldn’t let him wear an “I Believe Her” shirt. 

A great first two thirds of a show but everything after the BCC x JAS segment stank. Hangman v Takeshita was maybe just too good, hard to buy the guy who just lost to Lethal going toe to toe with the champ but God damn that was a fun ride.

I take back a bunch of the Deeb love, fucking hell she's been downright abysmal on the mic recently. What's happened there?

• Paid Members

Wardlow, man. Fuck me. I can’t remember the last time someone with so much potential had the most perfect, star-making feud made for them. All the stars have aligned and this has been a masterpiece from start to finish. I hope Tony Schiavone has his AEW contract ready for him to sign on Sunday. Smash Max to bits. Sign the contract. Throw up the “Wardlow is ALL ELITE,” graphic on the big screen. Play, “War Pigs,” by Black Sabbath. Wardlow strolls out of the arena as every single person in the arena collectively orgasms.

• Paid Members

They couldn't have done that Wardlow match any better, it was perfect. I know not everyone is on board with unprotected chair shots but the use of it here was fantastic. MJF staring blankly at the ceiling while Wardlow rises up behind Spears is a moment they'll replay forever.

My only hope is they don't fuck it up at Double or Nothing. It needs to be a complete squash the levels of Brodie vs Cody. Wardlow going too long or MJF winning or anything like that is going to be a disaster.