AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

7 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

To who?

Britt needs to be carried and Jade is still green as grass. That match would be a disaster for both of them currently.

I disagree, Jade has had good matches with wrestlers far less capable than Britt. Sure, she's inexperienced, but she's improved far more quickly than I ever expected she would. Might the match stink? Maybe, but it's about as intriguing a women's match as they can offer right now. A fast-rising, unbeaten champion versus the biggest female star they have? Of course people would want to watch this. 

1 hour ago, Duke said:

I guess this Punk Hangman feud is kind of the extension of the Punk Kingston feud, that he's not who he says he is. 

And the Punk/MJF feud. The interactions between a heel CM Punk and MJF would be really interesting. Would MJF still want to give him "the most embarrassing loss he's ever experienced", or would they bury the hatchet? My preference is still for MJF to be the next AEW champion, but if there really are issues surrounding his future, I totally understand why that might not be sensible.  

4 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I disagree, Jade has had good matches with wrestlers far less capable than Britt. Sure, she's inexperienced, but she's improved far more quickly than I ever expected she would. Might the match stink? Maybe, but it's about as intriguing a women's match as they can offer right now. A fast-rising, unbeaten champion versus the biggest female star they have? Of course people would want to watch this.

Some of Jade's best stuff was having those on the outside help keep the audience engaged and break up the match with some extra spots. Jade & the Baddies v. Britt, Jamie & Reba/Rebel could give some decent pairings to build up to a singles match between Jade & Britt.

4 hours ago, Supremo said:

The mess that Sammy vs. Scorpio has become has left me doubting this entire company.

A few months ago I’d be trying to read into the subtext of that Hangman/Punk promo, theorising where Hangman’s hostility comes from, what some of his remarks meant and where it could be leading. Now though, there’s just as much chance that it’s just bad writing.

It’s almost impossible to trust the process and believe the company are leading me somewhere after I’ve had to suffer through months of these pricks having a game of “who can you hate the most?”

Have some faith!

It's not been 2021 but Punk and Hangman are both smart guys who almost certainly have a huge hand in their own creative. 

Sammy Vs. Scorpio's shite but it's the same level as Val Venis chasing after Shamrock's sister in the Attitude Era. I wouldn't hold the rest of the booking to account for it.

Hope Hangman takes his head off. Remember, Punk is grand, but the Eddie feud, always remember the Eddie feud. 

Surely they do a production meeting for these shows and SOMEONE must go 'This ongoing TNT title angle... Why?' 

4 hours ago, Chili said:

Surely they do a production meeting for these shows and SOMEONE must go 'This ongoing TNT title angle... Why?' 

It's such a shame, there was a point when I was more excited about the TNT title than I was the World title. Miro's run as champion did a heck of a lot to make the belt feel important, kind of like Jade Cargill is doing with the TBS title now. I don't mind Scorpio Sky, but I don't think he's the right wrestler to restore it to its former glory. 

• Paid Members

There's going to be a load of Warner executives in attendance at Dynamite this week so you'd imagine they'll pull out the stops to make this a good show. Card looks unexciting but I reckon they'll have some tricks up their sleeves.

I have never been more annoyed at being on the open in my pub tomorrow. The combination of a 'New Season', a new market, the Warners' execs and all the shenanigans from the weekend, point towards this being a noteworthy episode. All that is only exacerbated by the short turnaround until Forbidden Door.

Bollocks.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, BrodyGraham said:

I have never been more annoyed at being on the open in my pub tomorrow. The combination of a 'New Season', a new market, the Warners' execs and all the shenanigans from the weekend, point towards this being a noteworthy episode. All that is only exacerbated by the short turnaround until Forbidden Door.

Bollocks.

I'm in a similar boat! I've been off 3 days but in at 8.00am-6.30pm tomorrow (including travel). Going to have to avoid spoilers all day.