AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

2 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

You mean the contract that's not part of the story?

So far, anyway.

how’s it not part of the story when he asked to get fired wednesay? 😂 all this has to have been done after a new deal was agreed. Khan knows the Pillman story inside out, he’s not gonna risk getting played that way when he has athletes in real sports to be part of the negotiations with after this story ends 

1 hour ago, Merzbow said:

Anyone get a weird feeling that Hangman is going to be involved in this, somehow?

No, but it would be great if he was. He needs some proper direction after the title loss. Would be a real shame if he just floats about doing catchphrases.

He needs to be pissed off and maybe even flirting with a heel turn. Opposite firey worked-shoot tweener MJF could be a great step for them both. Especially as they both have tasty grievances with Punk. A six week programme culminating in a #1 contender’s match probably suits everyone.

Or a three way dance for the title with Page regaining but then Omega comes out, but Punk and MJF kind of agree that they are so alike they should team up...and attack Page and Omega. 

Edited by Big'Olympic_Hero'Pete

1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

So that’s two proposals in, what, 8 months?

Unless it’s a work obviously 😉

Least it means the story is nearly over going by the last one 

Realise this is more Rampage than Dynamite discussion but this seems to be the main AEW thread. CM Punk has announced he’ll be on Rampage tonight with an important announcement about the title and his career.

I know he’s been a bit sloppy lately but I hope he’s not done as he is undoubtedly someone I tune in for.

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, RalphyV2 said:

In terms of MJF, if he is not on a massive contract then what's to say WWE can't just buy him out of it? if he is on 150-200k and its only a few years, its chump change to WWE. 

AEW would need to agree to that and why would they?

If MJF really really wants to go to the point he won't work (which I doubt) then I would let him go. It's pointless having him around if he is going to half arse it and it's not like him moving to WWE would actually help them much or hurt AEW massively. 

For fans him attacking Cody on his return from injury would be fantastic though if they played off that 

2 minutes ago, simonworden said:

If MJF really really wants to go to the point he won't work (which I doubt) then I would let him go

I wouldn’t. Especially if he’s going to be Winston Bogarde-ing it for two years. He’s hot property right now so if he started playing silly bollocks, have him off telly for 18 months and see how much of a hot property he is then.  Khans a snidey little fucker who’d do that to MJF and he wouldn’t be in the wrong to do so. 

If MJF didn’t want to work he wouldn’t have flown to LA to do a show and cut a promo insinuating that he didn’t want to work. He would have went home