Apparently "great" songs that are fucking dire.

PowerButchi

24 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

They are genuinely one of my most hated bands, but because their early stuff was fucking brilliant. Then they became a covers band and sold out. 

This. Early UB40 is a proper frustrating listen because it's actually good. 

• Paid Members

I fucking hate Oasis with a vengeance, and anything to do with Phil Collins make me want to shit, but the one record that I have to terminate whenever I even hear it is Angels by Robbie Williams.  Just boils my bile.  Putrid self absorbed shite.

4 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Ah fair enough. 

All I've ever really heard is the covers. 

They were super political, rallying against racism and Thatcher.  “Food For Thought” was about the hypocrisy of white people looking at African famine. Five years before Geldof became a multi millionaire on the back of it. 

9 minutes ago, eugenespeed said:

The original Neil Diamond version isn't much cop either. 

Neil Diamond originally did Red Red Wine, well you learn something new every day. 

Regards to Neil Diamond, I've not liked the music I've heard but I've heard snippits. The guy must of recorded hundreds of songs, I'll be fair and give a couple of albums a listen on the way to work next week if people can recommend which ones. 

I've heard some early UB40 and it is like a different band. They went from very gritty to like a shit wedding band.