Apparently "great" songs that are fucking dire.

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
53 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Jump Around by House of Pain may well be the worst song ever recorded.

Was HoP taking the piss out of Cyprus Hill or was it the other way around?

I know it's one way or the other but forget which.

4 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

Was HoP taking the piss out of Cyprus Hill or was it the other way around?

I know it's one way or the other but forget which.

Not sure about that, but the story goes that DJ Muggs offered them House Of Pain first and they passed on it. Probably for the best.

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Not sure about that, but the story goes that DJ Muggs offered them House Of Pain first and they passed on it. Probably for the best.

Either insane in the membrane was a piss take of jump around or vice versa, but one was only ever written as a joke on how lazy the other was.

• Moderators

Not sure where you read that but pretty sure it's not true. Both bands were very close. Muggs from Cypress Hill and Everlast from HOP had worked together before either band existed, Muggs produced half that HOP album (including jump around of course), they did shows together and still make music together now.

Whilst we're talking about House of Pain their American Irish schtick was so incredibly cringeworthy. They actually had a single called "top of the morning to ya". Jesus fucking Christ.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, LCJ said:

Metallica never play anything from St Anger live anymore either but that’s probably for the best.

I think they play St Anger, and that's about it. It's a shame because I genuinely love that album. 

@Chest Rockwellthe first line of Top Of The Morning To Ya is "You see I'm Irish, but I'm Not A Leprechaun". It's very reminiscent of Jump Around as well. Some soul sample at the start and then gets on with the song. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

They really put the sham in Shamrocks And Shenanigans. They were like when Eastenders went to rural Ireland for a week or when Star Trek Next Gen picked up some Oirish passengers. Might as well have just worn a green suit and carried a pig under their arm. They were off the SpursRiot scale. 

• Paid Members
35 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

It’s weird how Americans are more proud of being Irish than actual Irish people. 

Pretty typical weird American behaviour. They all love their family historical routes but very few of them have actually visited Ireland, Italy, Greece, Scotland or wherever they claim to identify so strongly with.

Edited by LaGoosh

• Moderators
14 hours ago, hallicks said:

It annoys me far more than it should that Rush's most famous songs are Tom Sawyer and Limelight. I kind of get Tom Sawyer because of the synth solo bit and the drumming is great, but overall it's just a bit dull and Limelight is a fucking dirge. From the same album, you could have had YYZ or Witch Hunt, both far superior. Or how about anything from Grace Under Pressure? Eh? EH? Who's with me? *lonely Rush fan tumbleweed*

Spirit of Radio would be their most famous song, I'd have thought.