Apparently "great" songs that are fucking dire.

PowerButchi

Just now, bAzTNM#1 said:

I remember his solo album cover and stayed well clear.

It was on Creation Records. Apparently when it got released, Noel Gallagher stormed into Alan McGees office, threw a copy of it on his desk, and screamed “Is this what the fuck you’re spending my money on”. 

• Moderators

I saw Rowland at Reading Festival in 1999. He was fucking awful. Doing his performance art at like 2pm on the Saturday when most of the crowds hangovers were just starting to kick in and things got heated.

Edited by neil

12 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Stairway To Heaven. My Dad has always said he wants it at his funeral, and I've always said he can't as its 1.) Shit and 2.) Way too long. 

Stairway denied. 

Highway To Hell it is then. 

8 hours ago, westlondonmist said:

I like Queen, favourite band as a kid, but I've never been a fan of that song (unless it's the Bad News cover). 

Sweet Caroline, l can't stand that song but Neil Diamond is shit in general isn't he?

Well we know why this is. England and Northern Ireland fans sing it and you’re a bitter cunt. Still must’ve been nice not having to pretend to be Irish this summer seeing Scotland qualified and they didn’t. Weasel of a person you are. 

4 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Anything by RHCP is crap and massively overrated, aside from a couple of early songs. All Saints' version of Under The Bridge is better and I will fight anyone to defend that view. 

The only RCHP song I like is Love Rollercoaster and it isn't even theirs.

10 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

Well we know why this is. England and Northern Ireland fans sing it and you’re a bitter cunt. Still must’ve been nice not having to pretend to be Irish this summer seeing Scotland qualified and they didn’t. Weasel of a person you are. 

Blimey! Never seen Neil Diamond cause such a reaction...

18 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Blimey! Never seen Neil Diamond cause such a reaction...

You never saw Brother Love’s Travelling Salvation Show banging on me Nan’s wireless after she caned a litre of Bell’s! (See you in the out of context thread).

2 hours ago, Holmesy said:

Well we know why this is. England and Northern Ireland fans sing it and you’re a bitter cunt. Still must’ve been nice not having to pretend to be Irish this summer seeing Scotland qualified and they didn’t. Weasel of a person you are

WTF? Do you keep lists of Celtic supporters on here? 

Edited by westlondonmist