Apparently "great" songs that are fucking dire.

PowerButchi

6 minutes ago, WeeAl said:

Standing in one of the overly long queues for a ride at Universal Studios several years ago, an American fella standing ahead of us heard my family talking. He decided to start telling us that he was Irish too, and that he was, in fact "50% Irish, 25% Scottish and 25% Welsh". The conversation ended pretty abruptly when I asked the guy what percentage of him would be left over to be American. 

Was it Scott Steiner?

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Was it Scott Steiner?

If I decided to be mouthy with Scott Steiner, I wouldn't need to be Rain Man to calculate how low my chances of survival would be. "Yes, you're quite right Mr. Pump" would be the appropriate answer, all things considered. 

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

Absolutely not. It's a brilliant song, and not even the best on the album. One of the best albums of all time, near enough perfect.

It’s lyrically bollocks. I don’t really have much of an opinion on him, never listened to a whole album but I don’t think it’s amongst the best of his singles. And the video was a unique and is still pretty groundbreaking.

• Paid Members
On 9/4/2021 at 9:59 PM, Hannibal Scorch said:

It’s lyrically bollocks. I don’t really have much of an opinion on him, never listened to a whole album but I don’t think it’s amongst the best of his singles. And the video was a unique and is still pretty groundbreaking.

How's it lyrically bollocks? It's a pretty creative song about sex, and musically it's fucking astounding. Peter Gabriel's one of my favourite artists of all time - Solsbury Hill's my personal favourite, but Sledghammer, Big Time, Biko, San Jacinto, Don't Give Up, Red Rain, Mercy Street, Steam, Games Without Frontiers, and both versions of Here Comes The Flood are ace.

Edited by Carbomb

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, King Coconut said:

Even if it were lyrically bollocks, the history of popular music would be hugely different if we discounted songs for not understanding their meaning. Scorch does music wrong.

Who said we should? I’m talking about one song in particular of which the lyrics are another element of the song I don’t rate. A lot of songs, lyrically, can be written off as nonsense but never said we should discount them. I’m talking about one song in particular.