Paid Members PunkStep Posted August 28, 2021 Paid Members Posted August 28, 2021 6 hours ago, CL Punk said: The only RCHP song I like is Love Rollercoaster and it isn't even theirs. Ohio Players version is boss, as is Funky Worm. As for UB40, I don't recall Higher Ground, but the other three songs mentioned are brilliant. But they really turned to shit. Kingston Town, Red Red Wine, Falling In Love With You- urgh. Dirge.
Members SuperBacon Posted August 28, 2021 Members Posted August 28, 2021 19 minutes ago, PunkStep said: Ohio Players version is boss, as is Funky Worm. As for UB40, I don't recall Higher Ground, but the other three songs mentioned are brilliant. But they really turned to shit. Kingston Town, Red Red Wine, Falling In Love With You- urgh. Dirge. It was early 90s so well into their downturn as a band, and it's a fairly insipid tune, but I like it as it reminds me of driving around Europe with my old man in his massive arctic lorry.
Paid Members PunkStep Posted August 28, 2021 Paid Members Posted August 28, 2021 34 minutes ago, SuperBacon said: massive arctic lorry Must've been a bit chilly in there
Members SuperBacon Posted August 29, 2021 Members Posted August 29, 2021 44 minutes ago, PunkStep said: Must've been a bit chilly in there 'Carbomb likes this' Of course.
Paid Members bAzTNM#1 Posted August 29, 2021 Paid Members Posted August 29, 2021 6 hours ago, Thunderplex said: I fucking hate Oasis with a vengeance, and anything to do with Phil Collins make me want to shit, but the one record that I have to terminate whenever I even hear it is Angels by Robbie Williams. Just boils my bile. Putrid self absorbed shite. I'd have to agree with this. Anytime I see the video for it, or the audio, I'm off. It's horrible.
Version1.0 Posted August 29, 2021 Posted August 29, 2021 Run to the Hills by Iron Maiden. It's just so generic. They have AT LEAST 50 better songs.
Steve Justice Posted August 29, 2021 Posted August 29, 2021 9 hours ago, westlondonmist said: Regards to Neil Diamond, I've not liked the music I've heard but I've heard snippits. The guy must of recorded hundreds of songs, I'll be fair and give a couple of albums a listen on the way to work next week if people can recommend which ones. Not an album, but have a listen to 'Harvest Moon'. It's a pleasant little ditty.
Paid Members gmoney Posted August 29, 2021 Paid Members Posted August 29, 2021 My favourite bit of Neil Diamond trivia is that he wrote a song for ET. Not the soundtrack you understand, but he watched ET and thought "I love that little guy" then wrote 'Heartlight' completely on his own. I believe he had to pay some sort of fine for doing it as well.
Mr_Danger Posted August 29, 2021 Posted August 29, 2021 1 hour ago, Steve Justice said: Not an album, but have a listen to 'Harvest Moon'. It's a pleasant little ditty. Wrong Neil.
Members SuperBacon Posted August 29, 2021 Members Posted August 29, 2021 7 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said: Wrong Neil. Would now like to hear that album redone by Diamond though...
Steve Justice Posted August 29, 2021 Posted August 29, 2021 2 hours ago, Mr_Danger said: Wrong Neil. I'm having a mare this week.
Keith Houchen Posted August 29, 2021 Posted August 29, 2021 19 minutes ago, Steve Justice said: I'm having a mare this week. Bet you fuck a stallion instead.
Awards Moderator Frankie Crisp Posted August 29, 2021 Awards Moderator Posted August 29, 2021 14 hours ago, Steve Justice said: Born to Run. Springsteen can't sing. Deal with it, Mulv. 40 minutes ago, Steve Justice said: I'm having a mare this week.
The Gaffer Posted August 29, 2021 Posted August 29, 2021 13 hours ago, Accident Prone said: No amount of "UB40 are politically sound" discourse will convince me that they aren't fucking shite. Especially being from Birmingham myself, where every flatroof pub has them blasting from the speakers. Not sure how it is over there, but here in Ireland UB40 are overwhelmingly associated with scumbags and ne'er-do-wells. Red Red Wine and You'll Never Walk Alone are ubiquitous DJ bookends at weddings and country discos. If your first dance is to that, you're sure to be keeping budgies in your sitting room and getting your haircut somewhere that hang a flag of Tupac next to the barbicide and brylcreem.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.