Apparently "great" songs that are fucking dire.

PowerButchi

• Moderators

Street Fighting Man by the Rolling Stones for me all day, Clive. 

The Stones are hugely overrated anyway, and they are a bunch of posh London types, but fuck me blind, Street Fighting Man is so dogshit. The plodding shite. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Golden Brown by The Stranglers for me Clive. I think it’s the vocal, it just sounds so miserable against the actual music. 

Aye, it's the video of it to. Looking like they are on Smack. Video and song makes you feel dirty.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

40 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

I wonder what the song is about?

Bohemian Rhapsody is dire and you all know it. 

I like Queen, favourite band as a kid, but I've never been a fan of that song (unless it's the Bad News cover). 

Sweet Caroline, l can't stand that song but Neil Diamond is shit in general isn't he?

9 minutes ago, westlondonmist said:

I like Queen, favourite band as a kid, but I've never been a fan of that song (unless it's the Bad News cover). 

Sweet Caroline, l can't stand that song but Neil Diamond is shit in general isn't he?

No he isn’t. Darts wankers and Karaoke cunts have ruined that song for sure but the mans music stands on its own merits! 

I'll take both Brick In The Wall and Money. The two big commercial Floyd moments. Farty, bloated shite that should never be played in groups of two or more. 

Floyd as a whole are the biggest stoner band from my teens that I done a heel turn on, though. Everything after the first few albums is pure agony as they slowly turn into Roger Water's "My dad was in the war, you know" project.